22. Armistice

Levy's P.O.V.

"I can't thank you enough for that, thank you so much!" Freed smiled at her and shrugged.

"It's not even a question Levy, you are family to me", he told her and squeezed her hand while she tried to calm down instead of grinning all over her face.

A few minutes ago, they arrived the beach. It was like a lost island, untouched nature so beautiful and pure. The beach was clear, the water as well as the sand. There were a few wooden benches around a campfire. They all walked over to the benches, putting their bags down and searching shady places to put the towels down. At first, she didn't know where to go. The couples laid down next to each other, looking happy as they walked to their own places. Even Gray let Juvia lay down next to him, resulting in a happy, screaming Juvia. Lucy, as well as Laxus and Mira, motioned her to go to them, but before she made up her mind, Freed joined her and mentioned her to sit down. Laxus had spoken to her about this topic before and she willingly sat down next to the handsome man. Freed was also a mage who used letter magic. Indeed, he used a different type of letter magic, Levy could learn a lot from him. They sat down on the benches before discussing their magic. Freed wanted to know how much she could do by this time, how high her power was. While they talked in a calm friendly matter, Freed never let her feel as if her powers are too little. Instead, he encouraged her to train with him one hour a day and promised her to show her the library of the guild. A lot of books approached their magic and it would be good use to read them.

She was fortunate to have Freed as a teacher in front of her. The big smile on her face, that had appeared when he started talking about his magic with such passion and love didn't fade once. As soon as they stopped talking about their lessons, Freed remained across from her on the wooden bench, taking in her frame completely for the first time.

"How do you like it so far? I know we can be quite disturbing and loud to new people, but that's just us. Especially when Natsu and Gray start to fight with each other", he asked, laughing quietly at the last part and sent his new partner a genuine smile.

"I really love everything about the guild! My brother is here, the others are too nice to be true and everything is just ... I don't know how to express what I'm feeling right now but I was never happier in my life before. Just looking at you shows everyone how passionate you are. You care for each other as if you are family, not just some people in a guild. I just love to be here. There is just one thing I can't ... it's stupid anyways, forget it."

"Just tell me, Levy." His eyes locked hers and didn't let her go. He watched her so intimidate she couldn't help but blush.

„It's just ... are you only accepting good looking people? It's like I am at a photo shoot or a film set, literally every member of Fairytail looks like a model!", she questioned him with a serious look on her face and Freed began to laugh, a light smile stayed on his lips as he eyed her.

"Was that a compliment Levy?", he asked with the same smile and Levy's face turned deep red. Freed wasn't any less hot than the other members, but these words would never come over her lips.

"It's just that you aren't only the hottest group of people I've ever seen in my life, you are all extremely powerful too! I don't understand why even one of you wants to have me in your guild. It's really nice to be polite to me, but I understand if that's just because I am Laxus sister ... I don't really fit into this place", she mumbled, her embarrassment from earlier forgotten. She couldn't talk about this with Laxus or Mira, both of them would have told her she was strong enough, but Levy knew well enough that it was a lie. She was a weakling, nothing more.

Freed pushed her dark thoughts away when he placed his hand on her shoulder. She looked up at him, noticing immediately how close he was to her. His face was just a few inches away, his hand felt comfortable on her shoulder. He lightly squeezed her and locked her eyes with his, a totally serious expression on his face.