19. A warm welcome

Levy's P.O.V.

She followed her friends to their house. It was nearly as beautiful as Gajeel and Lily's. A big living room, a beautiful kitchen, three bedrooms with bathrooms and two other, separate rooms for their own activities. After Laxus showed Levy her own room (it was already prepared with a big bed and a few shelves with books, but still much more space for her to fill in), they sat down on the big couch in the living room. Laxus wanted to know everything about her and she answered him as detailed as possible. During their conversation, Mira had left with her bag filled with dirty, soaked clothes to wash them.

After asking him a lot of questions too, she understood her brother much better. He and Mira joined the guild after coming into town a few months after the fire in the orphanage. It didn't take them too long to find it, they had help from the master who noticed both of them to be mages. They bought this house together, found new friends and went on missions. And went to look out for her.

Laxus talked about some of his friends, Freed, Evergreen and Bickslow. And of course Mira. He seemed to love this town, though his voice always remained monotone. She knew her brother too well to fall for his mask.

While he told her all of this, he answered shortly and bombarded her with new ones.

"So, how was your old town, before they tried to kill you ... I should kill all of them Lev, but that's your decision. Did you have a job, friends?", he asked and she smiled, ignored his comment about killing her previous friends.

"It was nice actually! I worked as a librarian and you know how much I love to have as many books as possible around me. My apartment was nice too, but this town is definitely better. More beautiful houses and scenery with the river and ... actually, people I can trust", she added quietly and Laxus nodded, trying to brighten her mood up again.

"If you want to, the room you'll stay in tonight was always prepared for you. My home is your home too Lev, consider that decision. I want you to stay as long as possible"

Gajeel wouldn't like that. Why did she have to think about him again? Suppressing the thoughts of him again, she finally answered her brother.

"I really appreciate your offer Laxus, but I don't know yet ... Maybe I'll stay or I'll buy a cheap apartment somewhere in town, the girls already told me about this place called Fairy Hills. But like I mentioned before, I don't know yet ... I really liked living with Gajeel and Lily", she confessed while trying hard to avoid looking at her brother. Seeing Laxus reaction when she met him and Mira in the streets a few minutes ago was all she needed to know.

He hated Gajeel. With passion. How he looked at him, how he spoke to him showed her what he thought of the other half dragon. Laxus had always been suspicious of everyone, he didn't trust many people and became, even more, stronger and unapproachable after he found out what the other kids in the orphanage did to her. But still, his behaviour towards Gajeel was extreme. When they were still young, he just used to ignore everyone whom he didn't want to have anything to do with. If this behaviour hadn't changed over the years, he didn't just dislike Gajeel, he hated him. Something must have happened between the two of them to create such a reaction from her brother.

Not knowing why she wished they would like each other.

"It's your decision, but I don't trust him. Consider staying with your brother Lev, I'll keep you safe", he said again, his eyes telling her not to annoy him more with this topic. So she just dropped it.

"I love my room already Laxus, you don't know how much I appreciate your help. You still trust me though we were separated all these years and-"

With one swift movement, Laxus pulled her into his arms. She had always been so much smaller than him and this hadn't changed over all these years.