28. Fight

Gajeel's P.O.V.

There was no discussion about their rooms. Lucy had rented a room with one bedroom and had added one more when they invited Levy to join them on their mission. They both had a big bed fitting for two people inside. When they arrived, he had noticed the tense sentiment between the teammates. One second before, everything was still perfect. His shrimp laughed and talked to her blonde friend while Natsu and he were walking behind them, trying to avoiding each other's looks after Natsu had accused him of staring at Levy's butt. Gajeel's reaction was, of course, telling him to stop doing the same with his woman. They decided silently to keep doing what they had done before without mentioning it again.

Not knowing if the girls noticed their conversation, especially the topic they talked about, they become completely silent. At least they didn't react in any special way, so Natsu and Gajeel were able to ... observe their partners a bit more.

Then, they had gone into their rooms. It was already evening, the journey had taken them longer than expected, firstly due to Lucy, who wanted to stop at a town to consider the shops. This short stop ended up lasting for a few hours. Lucy came back with clothes and books, as well as Levy. His shrimp had declined at first, wanting to visit the library first, but Lucy could convince her somehow to tag along with her. When they came back, Levy refused to show him what she had bought in town. His curiosity killed him, but he would just look inside the bags when she was soundly asleep.

Natsu and he didn't do much. They waited for the girls, sitting in a café until they came back. In the meantime, some people had talked to them, asking them if they were the half-dragons, showing them some pictures a photographer made once for a newspaper article. While Natsu was completely occupied with signing the papers, he took all of them at once so he wouldn't need to talk to the people handing them to the two.

While they were busy signing the papers, their women returned. He saw how Levy stopped in her tracks as soon as her eyes had landed on the big crowd in front of them. Lucy stopped two, but after a mere second, she had grabbed Levy's hand and walked towards them. The crowd didn't part at first, but after a few seconds, his shrimp was standing in front of him, the heavy books in her arms.

"Sorry, it took us so long! We've finished half an hour ago, but Lucy needed to stop by ... one of the shops once more", she explained and smiled at him. Without looking at them, he put the pictures back to the crowd, taking the books from Levy's tiny arms.

"What shop?", he asked, noticing her red tinted cheeks. He began to smirk.

"N-Nothing important! Let's head to our hotel, I'm tired", she hurried to say and yawned, turning into the other direction to gain their partners attention. While the people around him had left after noticing that he wouldn't give them a single second of his time, Natsu's were slowly departing, demanding a show from him. Lucy finally gained his attention and before he could do anything against it, she had taken his hand and pulled him out of the crowd back to the forest where they'd landed before.

Now, standing in the two-bedroom hotel room, he silently took Levy's things and put them next to his in one of the bedrooms. Natsu did the same with Lucy's luggage. Their teammates went into the bedroom, whispered goodnight and closed the door behind them.

Gajeel had known of Natsu's attraction to the blonde. It was as obvious, especially when both showed the same affection towards one another. If they were a couple or not didn't matter, they would, without a doubt, share a bed. Though, no matter what was about to happen, it wouldn't take them any longer to realise their feelings for each other. He once had to go with salamander, fighting with him against some stupid kids who thought they'd be better than the two of them. After defeating them, they decided to walk a bit, due to the hot sun burning down on the ground. The fight had taken place in a forest, so the leaves and high trees gave them some cold shadows to regain their whole strength (though they had lost up to 5%, surely not more). This walk had been hell, especially after Natsu was only talking about his love interest. Lucy was the only thing he could think about, and when Gajeel asked if he had made a move already, he just said no. He wasn't ready to do that yet. When these words had left his mouth, he hadn't thought about it properly.
While one-half of the trip was about how beautiful and strong and witty Lucy was, the other half was about Natsu literally begging Gajeel to stay quiet in front of her. He had promised that, but Lucy had already known about his affection if she wasn't blind ... or in love with the idiot herself.