Carnival and Kisses

Edward Cullen's P.O.V.

I drove off in the direction of the carnival, glancing at Bella every few seconds. She kept fidgeting in her seat and I was worried, was he alright?

When we arrived there, I ran as fast a I could to her door to open it for her. My mother had raised me to be the perfect gentlemen, though I only tried my best around Bella.

Tanya was getting even more annoying, since she claims I'm not making enough time for her. Even if I did have time for her, I wouldn't call her, I would go to Yorkie's. Couldn't this girl take a hint?

Strange enough, I have known Bella for a long time now and know nothing about her. Strange details were always missing from her life story and she clammed up when I tried to talk about her past, especially her parents, who I had never met.

We walked hand in hand to the ticket stand, and I bought two tickets and we walked in. Her wide eyes even wider as she took in the colorful and bright place. I first bout her some food and we sat at an empty table. She looked around while eating her hot dog and I watched her while drinking my soda. We first went on the spinning teacups, and she giggled while I spun us around faster and faster every second. The grin never left her face, even while waiting in line for the rides. We went on the choo choo trains for kids because she insisted on going and I absently wondered if she had ever been to a carnival of such. We went on an indoor roller coaster and she shut her eyes while I squeezed her hand. Her fear didn't last long as she was suddenly screaming in joy instead of fear and smiling wildly. I'm pretty sure she enjoyed the outdoor roller coasters more though.

At the end if the day, she was really upset we had to go, and I the manager almost have in to my bribe of keeping the park open for a few more hours. Almost.

I dropped her off at her house and before leaving, I kissed her cheek and gave her a big hug, though we would be seeing each other tomorrow. She seemed dazed as I left and silently chuckled at the mysteries my best friend had and

I absently wondered if she were more than that. We would obviously have a wonderful life, with lots of laughs, love, and smiles. I then wondered what would happen if I hadn't met Bella and shuddered. That was world I would not want to live in.

Bella Swan's P.O.V.

The carnival was amazing, I had never seen anything like it! The roller coasters were by far my favorites, though the spinning teacups were a close second. Edward was always watching me and I tried not to blush, though I'm sure I did every once and awhile.

The only time today I had frowned was when we left. Edward gave me a gigantic hug and kissed my cheek before leaving. I probably looked as if I was in a another world but you could only blame Edward. He always dazzled me but I seemed to never cause him to jump at the sight of me. Who would, I frowned, I was just plain Bella.

I slept a dreamless sleep this night, though Edward creeped into it every few moments.

____ *THE NEXT DAY* ____

Bella Swan's P.O.V.

It was lunch time now, and after eating, me and Edward were playing truth or dare. I started glaring at Edward, he was taking forever to ask me a question! I shouldn't have picked truth, though It wouldn't have been pretty if I picked dare. You know what, I'm not playing this game ever again!

"Have you ever had a boyfriend?" he finally asked.

Wow, I was expecting something a lot more harder and embarrassing, this was almost too easy to answer!

"Nope!" I said, popping the 'p.'

I saw his jaw dropped and almost laughed, was it that hard to believe I never had a boyfriend? I was the most ordinary girl I have ever seen! Edward was always getting notes with numbers, only to be thrown away, though he doesn't have a girlfriend. I think, he never told me, always changing the subject when I ask.

"Wow," he said.

I just shrugged. "Truth or dare?"

"Dare," he answered grinning. I grinned right back.

"I dare you to kiss a girl in the parking lot after school."

"Done," was all he said. I looked at him skeptically but he just smiled. He was up to something, I knew that.

____ * AFTER SCHOOL * ____

Bella Swan's P.O.V.

I walked with Edward over to his Volvo.

"What are you waiting for?" I demanded.

"What?" he asked looking confused.

I made a bunch of kissy faces and realization dawned on him before it was replaced with a mischievous grin.

"So who are you going to kiss? Remember it has to be lip to lip! Maybe Carly, she's pretty, but so is Camilla, though I think Lucy is prettier. But maybe it should be-" I stopped talking because suddenly, Edward leaned down and kissed me. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH EDWARD IS KISSING ME!!! EDWARD CULLEN, THE MOST HANDSOME GUY EVER, my brain screamed. I froze for a second before responding, and I could feel him smiling. He pulled apart still grinning and I playfully punched his arm.

"It wasn't supposed to be me!" I told him.

"Oops," he smiled, "sorry," he said without looking sorry at all.

I just hit him again and climbed in the passenger seat, and watched him get in the car, still smiling.

***

Edward Cullen's P.O.V.

"So who are you going to kiss? Remember it has to be lip to lip! Maybe Carly, she's pretty, but so is Camilla." Bella started an I rolled my eyes. Carly and Camilla had nothing on Bella. She was amazing in every possible way, her personality, her looks, and those beautiful brown eyes! She continued to talk but I wasn't going to wait anymore. I leaned down and kissed her. Wow, i was kissing Bella Swan, the girl every boy stared at and wished that they could have her, the girl I had thought of as my best friend until now. I wanted to be more than that, I didn't want Tanya. or any other girl, just Bella. She froze for a second before responding, and I started to smile. I pulled apart still grinning and she playfully punched his arm.

"It wasn't supposed to be me!" She told me.

"Oops," smiled, "sorry," i apologized without being sorry at all. That kiss was amazing and I suddenly dubbed truth or dare as my favorite game in the whole world.

She just hit me again and climbed in the passenger seat, and watched me get in the car, still smiling.

I started getting impatient during the drive as she didn't say anything. I wanted to say a lot, about how I liked her, and how that kiss was amazing and how I wished I was her girlfriend. I was going to break up with Tanya for sure now, I didn't care what my parents thought. The deal was done right? Couldn't I stop pretending?

"I like you Bella," I said finally, nervous for her reaction.

"Like me?" She asked.

"A lot," I answered truthfully. She froze again, before a smile slowly came onto her face.

"I like you too Edward," I imagined her say. Wait was that my imagination? Did she actually say that?

"What?"

"I like you," she repeated.

"Really?"

"Really."

I grinned from ear to ear and parked the car in an empty parking lot before getting out of the car, yanking her out and kissing her again. She didn't freeze this time, just went along with it. When we pulled apart we were gasping for air.

"We should do this more often," she teased and I nodded and smile back at her. We got in the car and I drove her to her house and walked her to the door, knowing she would refuse if I asked if I could come in. She was always so busy!

I brushed my lips gently to hers and pulled apart. I laughed at her pout and she blushed. Typical Bella.

"Good bye Bella," I said before getting in the car.

"Bye Edward!" she called, blowing a kiss to me.

Man, life was good!