chapter 5

My plans to do nothing this afternoon but prepare, were ruined.

It's in my nature to help someone heal, so I took the wounded Ashton to my apartment.

At least he could walk himself. We drove in my car, leaving his at the school.

"What about my car? How will I get to school tomorrow?" He moaned while we climbed the stairs to my apartment.

"Just take the bus!" I said annoyed.

"Nooo, the bus is filled with trashy people." He grimaced.

"Yeah your right, they are a bit to high class for you." I grinned and opened my door.

"So mean to me." He walked in and looked around. I locked the door and put down my bag.

He whistled, "nice place!" I just nodded.

"Thanks." I then went and got out the first aid kit.

"Hey, will your parents be cool to let me stay here?" Oh right, only Emma and Riley knew my dad was dead.

"Uhm, no, they're not here at the moment." I mumbled.

"Vacation? Why didn't they take you with?" He asked and sat down on the counter where I pointed.

I sighed and started cleaning his wounds with anti-bacterial wipes.

"I don't want to go to heaven just yet." I said simply. His expression froze for a minute.

"Oh, uh, I'm sorry." He scratched the back of his neck.

"I don't need your pity, Ashton." I then told him to take his shirt off.

"What? Why?" He looked at me and grinned.

"So I can examine your wounds idiot." I rolled my eyes. Glad that he changed the subject.

"I bet that's not the only thing you want to examine." He then took his shirt off.

I think when I saw his well defined chest, I had breathing issues. I mean, I've seen Troy's many times, and while his was just muscle, Ashton's was lean and looked like it was sculpted by angels.

What the hell? stop letting your hormones run wild Blake!

"Like what you see?" He smirked. I had been caught! Think Blake, think!

"No, I was just filled with pity looking at all this flab." I lied smoothly gesturing towards his stomach.

He scoffed, "Uhm, excuse me, rock hard abs." He pointed at them..

"Yeah, no, I'm not so sure." I stared at him.

"Really? Touch 'em."

"Nope." I shook my head.

"Feel them." He said.

"No one wants that." I laughed. So did he.

I looked at each wound, nothing serious, he did have a large bruise on his cheek though and a cut in his lip.

"So, what's up Doc?" He said and chuckled.

"Actually there's nothing to worry about, I'm going to put some cream on your lip to help it heal quicker and put some Listerine on your bruises." I got my supplies.

"Why Listerine?" He looked confused.

I smiled, "It's a life hack I learned, it's supposed to make your bruises dissappear. I want to see if it works."

I got out a cotton ball and dunked it in the Listerine bottle. I then dabbed it on one of his small bruises first, and slowly it actually disappeared.