chapter 10

A quote I used to wonder about, was one I heard on 'The Fault in Our Stars', it said:

That's the thing about pain, it demands to be felt.

As I stared at the mirror, and tried to hide my bruise with concealer, the haunting quote kept running through my head.

2 hours ago

Today couldn't have ended sooner.

Although it seemed like Ashton didn't remember anything, something told me he knew.

I know I'm probably being paranoid, sitting here on my couch, whilst shaking.

But if he finds out, he could report me, and the gang would have to get rid of me.

I would freaking die!

I wish I could grab Ashton and shake him 'till he tells me exactly what he knows. So that he knows the importance of keeping this a secret.

And, oh gosh, what will he think of me? He probably will only see me as a murderer, I don't want that.

Why do you care?

You should have told him in the beginning!

Liar.

My laced fingers shake while I stare outside the window at the city lights.

My phone beeping tore through the silence. It was from Troy.

Hi, I'm coming over in about 10 minutes. X

I blankly looked at the screen. I should be happy, but Troy knows me, he'll know something's wrong.

Oh if he found out....

Since I am basically depressed - which makes me lazy, I didn't bother to order pizza or set up a movie.

I just sat there and waited, my legs crossed and my arms over my head.

A knock on the door alerted me of Troy's arrival. I hurried to the door and unlocked it.

Troy stood there with a lazy grin.

I gave him my best fake smile. "Hey." I pulled him inside and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Hi. I missed you." He said while burying his face in my neck.

We pulled away and I led him to the kitchen.

"Do you want some coffee?" I offered. I opened the cupboard and took out a cup.

"No thanks, how was your day?" I switched on the kettle and added half a sugar to my cup.

I sighed, "Normal, I guess." Except that I'm breaking down.

I hated that I had to lie to him.

"You sure? You sound...different." he stated while staring at me, probably trying to find out if I was hiding something.

"No, no, I just had a really long day, and so muck wor-" I stopped because his eyes froze on something.

"What's wrong?" I asked and furrowed my eyebrows.

He stood up and walked to the counter, and picked up a jacket.

Ashton's leather jacket.

Crap! He must have left it here...

"Who's jacket is this?" He narrowed his eyes. Oh great, I know that look, he's pissed.

"It's Ashton's, we watched a movie a few days ago, he must have forgotten to take it." I shrugged nervously.