chapter 9

Shit! Why was he here?! Usually I'd shoot a witness, but, I can't shoot him!

"Ashton. Uhm, look, you're drunk, none of this is happening." I took a step towards him. He quickly stumbled back.

"N-no, I didn't drink anything this week. Blake, you just...killed someone?!" He breathed heavily.

"I can explain...just...let me ex-" I reached out my hand by he yelled,

"No, STAY AWAY from me, what the hell have you done!" My heart ached and I lowered my hand.

I turned the gun my hand and held the barrel. I had to do this.

"What are you doing? Blake, get away from me!" He held up a hand.

I walked closer, knowing what I have to do.

"I - I'm sorry Ashton, you've seen too much!" I said fearfully. I wasn't going to kill him, I couldn't.

"Blake! Put down the gun!" He screamed angrily. I pulled back my hand and said,

"I'm sorry, Ashton, you have to forget." Then I brought the handle of the gun down hard on a spot on his head, knocking him out. He fell to the ground and tears welled up in my eyes.

I frantically looked around for anything that he could wake up to, to explain the blurry images he will remember.

I found a half empty beer bottle and I spilled some of the contents on his shirt and mouth.

Then I put it in his hand. I took his phone and stuffed it inside his jean pocket and moved Ashton's heavy body to the back of the club. Away from the dead body.

Hopefully when he wakes up, he'll think he got drunk and mistake these happenings for a dream. My hands shaked as I lightly stroked his sleeping chin.

I ran away and disappeared on my motorbike. On the way I prayed that Ashton would be fine, and not remember everything.

I stopped at the supermarket and went straight to the ice cream section. I got two tubs of cookie dough and bought a big ass bag of M&M's.

The old lady at the register asked me, "Break up?" With a sympathetic smile.

I laughed and nodded anyway.

"It gets better." She nodded whilst checking my items.

"Thanks'', I checked her name tag, ''Margo." I paid and said goodbye.

When I got home I was still shaking out of fear as I sat down in front of the TV. I was scrolling through the channels when I found 'Safe Haven' one of my favourite movies.

Strangely, it was close to my situation. Except I've killed alot of people.

Even the ice cream felt rough as I swallowed. I had immediately started crying when I reached home.

I don't know why, out of fear? Regret? It's just, the look Ashton gave me when he saw me, it made me feel like a monster.

Stupid Ashton! Why'd you have to be there? I sighed loudly and then thought. Should I tell Troy?

Usually we are supposed to tell him if anyone sees us, but he wouldn't do what I did.

He would hunt Ashton down and kill him. I decided, I am not going to tell Troy. Ashton will probably forget anyways. He has to.

Monday morning rolled around quickly. I had bought a new alarm clock, but I smashed it again this morning.

This is like a typical thing that happens to me. I huffed out annoyed, and climbed out of my bed.