chapter 24

"Bye."I said with a shy smile.

Ashton smiled back and said "Bye...Blake, does this mean things will be different between us?"

I thought for a bit, "I really hope so." Thinking about what I'll have to tell Troy made my stomach churn.

I closed the door and looked through the window to make sure he had gotten safely into his car.

I leaned against the door with a goofy smile on my face.

My phone rang, Troy was calling.

My smile vanished.

I let it ring three times before picking up.

"Hi?"

I heard a loud breath let loose, "Oh, Blake! gosh, I love you babe, I love you..." he rushed out. He sounded, relieved?

"Uhm, what's wrong?"

"I-I thought maybe they got you.." he said stumbling a bit. He never stumbles.

"What do you mean? Start making sense." I said, although a bit of fear crept into me.

"Blake," he sighed, "I need you to come to the mansion."

"Okayy...why?" I questioned.

I heard people calling in the background.

"Troy, why is there so much noise back there?" I questioned and sat down on the couch.

"We recieved a message from NW... They said they'd get you first.

Your murders really struck a nerve." He chuckled a bit.

No no no, this cannot be happening, things are just starting to go right!

"The gang war is happening?!" I angrily asked.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, we didn't think it would be so soon. And I tried calling you a while ago, but you did not answer, I guess I thought they got to you." He sounded like he was really worried,

"When you pack, do it for a few nights.

And Blake, we might not come back. Meet me in 2 hours." And he hung up.

I slowly put down the phone. I'm leaving...

I might never see my friends again, or Ashton...

I put my head back against the wall and closed my eyes.

The stupid gang!

I felt so angry and sad. I don't want to leave. I'm tired of this.
Will I tell Ashton? If I do he will insist that he comes with me, I won't let that happen.

He must not know.

I'm leaving, and I can't say goodbye.

I packed everything except my dresses, high heels and sandals into one big backpack, and a smaller shoulder bag.

I got dressed in black skinny jeans, a grey shirt, black jacket and black sneakers.

I left all my furniture and food like it was.

I left my apartment, the place I had made my home.

And just like that, I disappeared.

Ashton's POV

It's now Monday, and I've literally been begging for the weekend to end! Since Friday my mind has been on nothing else.

"Bye mom, dad!" I called and went for the door in the foyer.