chapter 8

It was now Sunday morning. I have no intention to leave this bed today. My thoughts were all jumbled up from yesterday.

I have no idea what happened, would I have kissed him? There was obviously a moment. But I don't have moments with guys other than Troy...

Ashton called me beautiful. Troy never talks to me like that. He always tells me I'm hot, or sexy, but never has he given me a compliment so...soft?

Uuuggghhh, I don't know what's going on with me!

Okay, just calm down. It was probably nothing...

I don't think Ashton is making a big deal out of it, so why should I? Nothing would have happened anyway, I would have stopped myself, I'm sure.

Later that day, I decided that I should go out and do something. I went to my room and got dressed in some grey shorts, a black tank top, a white hoodie and my Nikes.

Tying my hair up in a high ponytail, I left my apartment with my earphones, phone and my keys.

I usually jogged to clear my mind. I needed some serious clearing right now.

I started listening to In the valley below, Peaches, one of my favourite songs.

By lightly jogging down the street, I saw trees and cars pass by.

But it turned into a full blown sprint. This is what happens, my body pushes itself to get rid of stress.
Just like in my fighting days, that's how I always won.

I ran for a full 3 miles without rest, before giving out.

I had stopped at a park, and went to sit against a tree. The grass was nice and cold as I breathed slowly.

A thin layer of sweat had formed on my forehead. I pulled out my earphones and kept it on the ground beside me.

I saw a little girl, about 6 years old, run past me, along with a man, which I assume is her dad, chasing her. When he caught her, he lifted her high in his arms.

She laughed so loud, they looked so happy. He set her down and took her hand.

They walked to the nearby ice - cream truck, whilst smiling. I hadn't noticed a tear run down my cheek.

I quickly wiped it away and stood up.

I ran all the way back home. This feeling that was eating me inside, grief, took over, and fueled my energy level. I didn't even feel tired when I stopped at the gate.

After taking a long cold shower, I wasn't in the mood for eating. I had forgotten about everything from yesterday.

Life's too short to worry about small things like love. I didn't even feel hungry, so I decided that even though it was only two in the afternoon, I was going to bed.

My phone beeping woke me up. I sleepily checked the screen and saw it was from Troy. My eyes lit up and I sat straight. Hastily I checked my messages.

Hey, I need you to work tonight. This time it's not a warning, this guy has owned me money for three months. You'll find him at your old work place, has a scar above his eye.

Take care of it.
X

I stared angrily at the screen. He hadn't talked to me in weeks, and now when he finally does, it's for the gang?! I let out an exasperated sigh.

My anger right now, would be enough for tonight's job.
At my old workplace.

I really don't want to be here. It's almost 10 at night, and the whole place looks scruffy. You could here shouts coming from inside the club