chapter 25

Ashton's POV
Anyone who saw me now would have said, "this is stupid, she's just a girl, you can't just drop everything for her". Well, if anyone knew what I was doing that is.

I'm leaving.
My family has always been very free-spirited, so when I told them I was gonna leave school and "travel" they were sad but proud.

I said I'd stay in contact, and I would. I packed my camping back pack because it was the biggest yet lightest.

Of course, along with my phone and cash. I ate a big lunch so that I wouldn't be hungry for a while.

I told Grey that I'm gonna stop by for a minute. He thinks I just wanna hang, but I'm actually saying goodbye.

I gave my parents a hug and my mom cried a little. "Spread your wings love." She said to me. My dad squeezed me to death and then I was ready.

Before I climbed into my car, I gave one last look at my home.
Is this the right choice?
Should I really leave?

Of course, the doubts were clouding my thoughts, but then I focused on her storm-like eyes, and those utterly perfect lips, and my mind was clear.

I got in my car and started the engine. And as I pulled out of the driveway, gave my parents one last smile.

A tear escaped my eye before I quickly wiped it away.

Grey lived only a few blocks from here so I got there in about 5 minutes.

I fastly walked towards his door. After knocking three times he opened.

"Hey man." We fist pumped.

"I was just playing COD, you want a coke?" He offered.

I nodded my head, "Uh, yeah thanks, and I just want to chat for a bit." He gave me a strange look.

"You want to CHAT?" He asked and laughed.

"Shut up man," I hit him over his head. He got us some cokes and we walked to the living room and sat down on his sofa. He took his controller in his hand and handed me the second one.

We switched to 2-screen and started. I shot a few guys, and so did he.

"So, how are things with Riley?" I asked, trying to make conversation.

"Good I guess." He laughed again. His eyes were still on the game.

"And with Blake?" He asked, "has she finally resurfaced?"
I chew the inside of my lip just thinking about her.

Lie." Uhm, yeah, she's really sick and doesn't want anyone to come near her, super contagious." Super lame, I thought and mentally hit myself.

"First time a girl doesn't want you to breath her air!" He smirked and chuckled.

I responded by shooting his player. "Idiot, you can't shoot your own teammate." He laughed again.

I just rolled my eyes, "she's different, I like it." I said.

"Well, since we're chatting like girls, I'm just letting you know, you can always talk to me when shit gets confusing." He said. Humor was laced in his voice but I knew it was his way of being meaningful.

We played for about another 20 minutes, when I decided it's time to go.

"Hey, Imma go. Good seeing you man." I said and stood up.

He followed me outside to my car. I stood against my door and he peaked inside the car.

"What's with the backpack? It looks stuffed." He said.

I panicked and quickly thought of a lie, "dad wants to go camping, that's why I have to leave."

He raised an eyebrow, "but, your parents and mine are going to that play tomorrow?"

Damn, I forgot about that!
He stayed quiet and eyed me for a while.

I saw something click in his mind, "I won't be seeing you anytime soon?" He asked. Damn him and his mind reading skills.

I frowned and avoided his piercing gaze, "no."

"and I'm guessing Blake isn't sick?" He stated more than questioned.

"No.."

"Alright, it's none of my business, just be careful man, something's up with Blake, she's a cool girl, but she has secrets." He warned.

"I know man. Keep an eye on my parents will you?" I asked halfway into my car.

"Yeah dude, I hope one day I'll see your ugly ass again." He said and grinned.

I laughed, "me too Grey." I debated on hugging him or not.

I decided and climbed out of my car and put my arms around his shoulders.

He seems surprised, but then does the same. I let go and nod my head at him.

Then I fully get into the car and wave before speeding off.

I started driving East. I don't even know where this will take me, but I'm just gonna keep on driving.

Blake's POV
I sit hunched over.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Repeat.

My finger rests over the trigger in anticipation.
I struggle to hold the gun absolutely still.

When I'm certain my target is impossible to miss, I let out a breath of air, and shoot.

The bullet shoots through the air and hits right in the middle. The sound echoes through the room and all that is heard is my breathing.

Footsteps from behind and a hand rests on my shoulder.

"That's a perfect shot. Your 18th one. I don't even know why you're training." Troy said.

I stood up. "I'm no better than the rest, if they practice I will too." I said and faced him.

He had a slight layer of sweat from the laps he and his team just finished.

The whole gang had been training since I came here. The start of a war is official so we're preparing for everything.

There's hardly anytime to sleep. We sleep for about 4 hours, wake up, eat something and train until we go to sleep.

It's a vicious cycle and really sucks the strength from a person.

But I've been very set on training, it's all that keeps my mind off of home, off of him.

Troy takes my hand and leads me out of the shooting area.