chapter 12

As soon as he said those words, I swear I could hear my heart shatter.

I mean I've been told that by many of the people I'd killed, but never had it really hit me hard, just like what the guy at the bar had said.

Like what's happening, am I starting to let it get to me? But anyway, I was literally running through excuses in my mind for Ashton, I have prepared this speech so much in my head, but yet I'm blank.

"I-I...uh...you remember?" He laughed and swept his hand through his hair. Even in these circumstances, that still was pretty hot.

"I did drink at that place, but I've always been able to hold my alcohol. Plus, do think I wouldn't question the big ass dent on my head?" He laughed.

"Oh my gosh! There's a dent!? I'm so sorry, I panicked and-" he covered my mouth with his hand.

"It's not that bad, but Blake, we're straying from the topic." He removed his hand and crossed his arms.

I looked away ashamed. "I guess I can't deny it."

"So...what? You're like an assassin or something?" he said.

"Yeah, kinda, I mean, yes, but I have a good reason." I tried to convince. I reached my hand out and touched his arm.

He stared at it, and I decided against it.

"So, you have a good reason for killing innocent people?"

"No! They're not innocent!" He can't possibly think that I do this for fun, he doesn't know anything.

You're not really telling him anything else.

I stayed quiet, I didn't know what to say. He knows I'm a murderer, what do you say to that?

"Why?"He mumbled. My head snapped up.

"Huh?"

"Why, Blake? You must have a reason for doing..this."He said kind of angrily.

"I don't remember it being any of your business." He thinks he has something to do with my life.

"Yes I do, seeing as I'm a witness." he clarified.

I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Oh what? You're gonna turn me in? Your lucky I didn't kill you back at the club." I tried to sound mean but a traitorous tear escaped my eye.

There goes my acting career.

"So I should say thank you? That you spared me, why didn't you spare him? Why didn't you?" He said, anger and betrayal covered his eyes but for some reason he still had a soft voice, which made me even more angry. I was still crying. His words hit me hard, I actually cared about him, so hearing it from his side hurt me.

"He was my mission, you were just a witness, plus I couldn't stand the look in your eyes, that you were afraid of me." I said and wiped away my tears.

It was quiet for a while, the light was off and it had gotten dark outside. I closed my eyes and held myself.

The next minute, two strong and warm arms wrapped around me from behind. I was shocked and looked up, I turned around in his embrace and took in his moonlit face.

"I'm sorry that I called you a killer."

The look in his eyes was enough to make me melt on the spot.

"I am, you weren't wrong." I sighed. He took my arms and wrapped them around his neck.

"I'm here for you Blake, but I have to know why you're doing this. Please." He begged.