chapter 27

Ashton's POV

I sit crouched on the dirt road next to the enormous building. A mansion really.

Using some wooden crates as my cover and protection from the people who are rushing around.

I know this is the right place. A small hint was the people walking around with various weapons and serious and lethal expressions, also the crates that are labelled "WARNING! EXPLOSIVES!"

This place wasn't that hard to find really. I kept driving in the the direction I was given. I passed alot of houses but they were to our in the open and Blake had mentioned a lake once.

So I kept on driving and the houses started getting less and were more spread out. Later on I saw the lake and I drove towards it. Right by the lake there was a black metal gate under arched trees.

On a neatly printed sign it said "Private Property". It must be this one.

I parked my car a bit further away under some trees. Then I walked back.
I knew I wouldn't be able to climb the fence that extended from both sides of the gate, they were to high and metal spikes decorated the top of it.

So I waited for an idea. About 10 minutes later the faint sound of a car was heard. I looked and saw an approaching vehicle.

I hid behind a bush and waited for the black SUV to come out. The windows were tinted so I couldn't see the passengers but by the speed of the car and the swerving driving, I could tell they were in a hurry.

The gate opened as the car passes through and started to close again. As fast as I could I watched the car drive far enough and slipped through the gap that I just squeezed through.

In front of me there was a concrete road the stretched far. I decided to stick to the sides incase another  car came.

Not long after, the giant mansion was in front of me. I ran to a dirt path/road next to it and that's where I find myself now.

Everyone here is in a rush to get somewhat and have worried looks on their faces. Well if I were about to fight in a gang war I would be too.

As I sit here, I start thinking. I found the place, but what now? I can't go in looking for her, there's no way I'd find her.

A loud noise pulls my attention back. It was one of the doors that had been roughly pushed open.

I see a flash of brown hair and stormy eyes.

My heart beat increases and I start to heat up.

Just a few metres away, is the girl that I love. She slams the door shut and leans against the wall. Nobody pays attention to her and they keep walking.

She looks miserable. I desperately need to hold her, to comfort her. Why is she sad anyway? Maybe she's scared.

A part of me hopes that she misses me...but the rational part says she wouldn't be this distraught.

I can't go to her yet. She's not alone and I don't even know what she will do when she sees that I'm here.

She lifts her head and puts it against the wall, staring up at the sky. My heart drops when I see a tear drop from her eye.

She catches it in her hand and stares at it as if it were of some symbolism.

Then she furiously wipes her eyes and her expression turns emotionless. I hate that I'm watching her hurt and not doing anything about it.

But the time had to be right.

Some older guy, about in his 30's approached her. They had a quick discussion that looked important, then she asked him something and he handed her a small black bag.

She looked inside and nodded, sending him a smile.
He asked her something, looking curious and gestured to the bag.

She just waved her hand and said something else, he nodded and walked away.

When he was gone her smile dropped and she looked into the bag. Her face was in a grim line, and she stuffed the bag into a pocket.

She started walking in my direction and I quickly ducked, hoping she wouldn't see. She walked past in a hurry, and the bag fell out of her back pocket.

She didn't hear it, well I'm assuming she didn't, cause she kept walking.

When she was far enough, I quickly snatched the small bag. I don't know if I should look or not, but my curiosity got the better of me and opened it.

Inside, two plane tickets to Greece.
And a single white chalk.

Hi guys, sorry for the short chapter today, I'm just really busy with school and tests, yeahh. And do you guys like the new POV'S I put in? Enjoy♡ v,c,s