Thirteen

A.N. Saw Civil War, may have cried a few times. It's flipping amazing guys. Spider-Man and Black Panther were my faves. Cannot wait for their solo movies.

Now I have a dilemma which I will explain to you at the end of the chapter, it's kinda about Ashley's past....

------------------------------

After my relaxing bath, I gathered some back up clothes from the jet and put them on. Just a loose shirt with jeans and trainers. I was getting hungry so started to make myself some toast.

"So how did he propose?" Laura appeared next to me holding her swollen belly.

"He proposed twice actually." It was weird saying it but it was kinda true. He did propose to me twice. And I said yes both times.

"Twice?" Laura asked surprised it was more than once. I nodded making her laugh. "Did you say no the first time? Or am I missing something?" Laura asked as my toast popped from the toaster. I took the toast out and started spreading butter on it.

"First time he proposed we were kinda on the run. We stole a car and he parked at the side of the road and asked me. No ring, just words. Of course I said yes." I told her, biting into my toast and sitting down at the table. Laura followed, taking a few seconds to take her seat because of how pregnant she was.

"Romantic." She joked. "And the second?"

"After all that stuff was over he ended up in the hospital. Apparently whilst he was fighting he asked a friend of ours to go buy a ring for me. Like he knew he would be in the hospital unable to get me one. Once he woke up he told me there was a bag underneath my chair, I picked it up and there was the ring." I put my left hand out and fiddled with the ring with my fingers. It shined in the sunlight, making me take it off and look at it closely. "He took my hand and asked me again, I said yes." I smiled at the memories then instantly remembered about Bucky. He has to be out there somewhere.

"Okay now that is romantic. I'm happy you finally get to be happy." Laura smiled, rubbing my arm softly as I put the ring back on my finger. "You've been through too much heartbreak." I nodded agreeing with her. Out of all the heartbreaking moments I've through, only four were by men. Steve and Bucky were the first two, Howard was the third....and the fourth.....well that's for another time. Just like Howard he's married with kids. It's better this way. No one knew about the fourth though. You don't need to know about him.

" Oh, before I forget, can you and Tony look at our tractor in the barn? It hasn't been wanting to start for a few days so Clint told me to ask you about it. Would you mind?" She smiled sweetly.

"Of course. We'll take a look now." I shoved the last bit of toast in my mouth and ate it as I stood up from my seat.

"Thank you Ashley, I owe you big time." I shook my head.

"You don't owe me anything." I told her before making my way outside. Tony and Steve were cutting up pieces of tree and seemed to be having a slight disagreement. As I made my way down the steps, Steve took a piece of tree and ripped it up with his hands. God that was hot, but he looked at Tony with anger yet again. I decided to butt in before they started fighting.

"You guys fighting again?" I walked up to them, crossing my arms against my chest. By the looks of their faces, they were. "I thought we talked about this."

"We did. It's just a slight disagreement, that's all." Tony told me with a weak smile.

"Well if it is then you can come help me fix Clint's tractor. Laura said it hasn't been able to start for days so she wanted us to take a look at it." I stood and waited for his answer, sneaking a glance at Steve before looking back at Tony.