Fourteen

A.N. I would have updated earlier but I had a week off college so I just wanted to chill before I went back. I should be getting updates every Sunday, I'll try my best to keep it regular.

------------------

Once we arrived Clint dropped me and Steve off so we could check on the place with not all of us being there. We got inside and rushed to the lab where Helen would be. I saw Helen laying on the group, hurt by Ultron. I rushed to her and checked on her. Steve took a bit of cloth and dabbed her wound.

"Helen, it's me, Ashley. Where's Ultron?" I asked, holding her hand for comfort.

"He's uploading himself into the body." She told me trying to fight the pain she was in. "The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, it's power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up."

"So what do we do?" I asked her.

"You have to get the Cradle to Stark." She answered.

"We got to find it first." Steve in putted.

"Go." Helen urged us. "Go before it's too late." I nodded letting go of her hand.

"You guys get that?" I said into my earpiece, aiming for Clint.

"Yep." He answered back.

"I got a private jet taking off across town. No manifest. That could be him." I heard Nat say. Me and Steve made our way outside of the building ready to make a move.

"There it's a truck from the lab. Right above ya. On the loop by the bridge." Clint interrupted. I looked where he was talking about and saw the truck. "You got three with the Cradle, one in the cab. I could take out the driver." Clint said. Killing the driver wasn't a good idea.

"No, abort that idea. You kill the driver; the truck will crash and take out innocent civilians and the gem could level the city." I explained to Clint as me and Steve climbed a ladder to get to the road.

"We need to draw out Ultron." Steve finished for me. I noticed the truck going under us. It was now or never.

"Let's give him hell, babe." I said before me and Steve ran and jumped onto the truck. It was really unsteady as it was going quite fast. "I got the driver." I shouted to Steve, allowing him to go after Ultron. I tried to make my way down to the drivers side of the car but the driver swerved making me hold on to the side of the truck. He swerved again making me lose my grip and fall onto an unsuspecting car next to the truck. From the car I could see Steve's SHIELD pass us on the road. He had dropped it. "Fucking arsehole. Nat, I need a lift."

"Coming right up." She answered. I looked back and saw Nat weaving in and out of traffic on Steve's bike. I couldn't use mine because of JARVIS being in it before, meaning Ultron had taken it. "Taxi for Ashley Gomez." Nat joked as she appeared next to me.

"Sorry about your car." I apologised to the driver of the unsuspecting car, before jumping onto the bike behind Nat. She had picked up the shield and put it on the front of the bike.

"They're heading under the overpass. I've got no shot." Clint spoke in my ear.

"Which way?" Nat asked, weaving through traffic.

"Hard right. Now." Then Nat took a hard right.

"Sorry." I apologised to people on the streets. We then turned a corner and arrived next to the truck. I saw that Ultron had Steve by the neck. Not my future husband. "Steve!" I shouted grabbing his attention. Nat passed me the shield and I threw it up to Steve. He caught it, and used it to free himself from Ultron. Ultron noticed us so tried to hit us off the road, but Nat stopped the bike just in time to miss the blast. Nat had to move us to a bridge walkway to miss the cars Ultron sent flying. I tried to spot Steve and saw the shield dodging and moving. He was alive for now.

"Clint, can you draw out the guards?" I asked.

"Let's find out." As we were coming off the walkway I saw the guards going after Clint in the air. A train passed us and Steve and Ultron went flying into it. The guards saw that,and headed back to down to us.

"I'm going in. Cap, Ash, can you keep him occupied?" Can I keep him occupied? Who does she think I am? Of course I can keep him occupied.

"What do you think I've been doing?" Steve answered.

"I'll keep the bike steady. Go." I informed Nat. Nat sent me a smile, getting closer to the truck. "Keep us updated." I told her quickly.

"Yes boss." She said back, before jumping into the truck. I jumped up front to take control to the bike, narrowly missing a van coming the other way. I saw the two guards Ultron had fly past me and planting themselves underneath the truck. I took out my gun and started to shot at them, but they didn't move. Instead, they gradually lifted the truck into the air. I stopped the bike to watch the truck with Nat in it, fly off. Well shit. The front of the truck detached and crashed into oncoming traffic. I sped to the cars and helped anyone that needed it. I trusted Steve and the others to get what they needed done. But people needed my help.

"Thank you." A woman thanked me as I pulled her out of a car.

"We got the package, Ash. Heading back to HQ to give it to Stark." Clint's voice came into my ear.

"Where's Nat?" I asked, worried about the whereabouts of my friend.

"No idea. But you better get to HQ. We need to look at this thing." Clint told me, making my worry for Nat increase.

"Well where did you last see her? Did she fall?" I scrambled back onto the bike, looking round to see if Nat was in my range.

"I got no clue. But we both know Nat can handle herself. You NEED to see this thing." I huffed. I trusted Nat more than anyone but Ultron could have got her. I just hope she can get out and back to us.

"Fine. I'll meet you all back at HQ. Steve, you alright?" I addressed my future husband.

"Yeah. The twins are with me. They helped actually. You okay?" He asked as started making my way down the road.

"Yeah. But don't know the whereabouts of Nat. Hopefully she'll turn up. Meet me back at HQ, Tony's gunna look at The Cradle." I informed him.

"And you trust him with it?" He asked. What a stupid question.

"Yes I do and you should stop being a pain and trust him too. I'll see you at HQ, Ashley out." I cut our conversation short as I knew he'd try to argue with me and now was not the time for that. Whatever is in this Cradle needs to be looked after properly. I trust Tony and Bruce to do it right. But I just hope wherever Nat is she can get out of it. There's not a lot of places she can't get herself out of.

-----------------

A.N. There's the update. I honestly wanna get this movie done so I can move on as it feels like this is weighing me down. I wanna get it done.

If you haven't seen, there is a account called marvelfanficawards that are doing awards for the best marvel fics. They have different categories and you can go put up your pick for a category or two. It's all explained in the chapter before this one, so go read that and do it if yo want to.

As always votes are really appreciated and I'll try and get an update for next Sunday.

And can I just ask for some of you guys to stop commenting LANGUAGE on the lines where Ashley swears. It's so fucking annoying. So please just stop. I know it's a funny part of the movie but it's being used every time someone swears and it pisses me off. Ashley and Me wanna swear freely without being told off for having bad language. Appreciated.

- Emma x