episode 8

Guys, I am happy. I'm at 2.4k views and 130 followers!!!! Thank you so much!! Now, this chapter is dedicated to portdebras. She has supported this book so much and she is so nice. Thank you for the support, all of you.
_______________________________________

Olivia pov- 

I yawned as I stretched in a spinny chair that's in Jack's office. I finally finished the alpha work that I've been having to do for a month now. Just as Jack said he would be at their pack for a month training them while I do the alpha work and beta work here. Being alpha is hard, even if it's for a little bit. 

You have to work on financial cost for the pack, deal with requests from the pack, make sure everything is in good shape, keep track of the rogues, and oh so much more. I just finished signing a paper that's from the pack hospital requesting more medical stuff since they're running low. 

I don't see how Jack can do this but I've been able to do a pretty good job at it. My thoughts were interrupted when a knock came at the door. I responded with slight authority in my voice. "come in". A pack warrior, I think his name is john, came in. "Beta Olivia, call on the phone " I nodded and held my hand out for him to give the phone to me. 

Once he gave me the phone he nodded his head and left shutting the door behind him. " beta Olivia speaking. Who may I be talking to?" it was staticky for a minute but then soon I heard Jack's voice. "Ahh, Olivia! I'll be arriving back at the pack in about 7 hours. I hope you don't mind but you have to leave for today, so as soon as I get there you have to leave. Is that okay with you? " 

I sighed but nodded but then remembered he can't see me. "Ya, I guess that's fine. I'll see you later, bye Jack" I hung up and stretched once more. 7 more hours of freedom. I wonder what I should do. I decide on going swimming in the public pool with all the other pack members. 

I walk upstairs and change into my black bikini. I put a blue tank top and some blue shorts over top of my bathing suit and grab my phone. I walk downstairs and see two guards "I'm going to the public pool. Any questions?" they shook their head no and moved to the side to let me out the door. I walk out and feel the air go through my hair. 

I sigh and walk to the public pool. Soon I hear the sounds of splashing and kids screams of fun. I smile, I can't wait till I have kids one day. As I near the pool, I smell the air. Good, no scent of rogues nearby. I have to be aware of my surroundings when I'm out of the packhouse in case of a rogue attack. 

I walk into the public pool and walk up to the reception area. "hello beta Olivia. Is it just for one today?" I nod at the young man behind the counter. "Then that'll be 2 dollars please and if you can, can you sign in?" I do as he says and pay him the money. I go to the back where the pool is and see all the kids swimming around with their brothers, sisters and friends. 

I get a few "hello beta's" and everything and I smile at them. I take my top clothes off and see a feel a few stares behind me. "if I was you, I would stop staring. Wouldn't want your alpha to know when he comes back later on." 

With a snicker, I turn around to see the unmated boys turning their head quickly to look at something else. Getting in the pool, the pups instantly start splashing water at me. "Gah! You little rugratts! Im going to get you!" smiling and laughing, everyone including the mothers and kids start enjoying themselves. All is well until I hear one deathly word that makes my blood turn cold. 

"Rogues!! I sniff the air. How come I didn't smell them earlier! "Everyone get out of the pool and go to the safe house that's closest! Now!! " I hear crying and see mothers pick up their kids and teens helping younger kids to the safe house.

I quickly run to where the scream is. I see about five rogues circling a little girl, maybe about 5 or 6. I growl and shift into my wolf. I jump in front of them and growl at them. Their awful stench killing my nose. One of them jumps towards me without knowing and bites my leg. His canines in deep. I wince but quickly grab on to his neck and bite down hard instantly killing him. 

The others charge toward me and I see some guards coming. Probably sensing that their beta was injured. They tackle down two of the wolves but the other two tackle me down. I hear some bones crack and I'm pretty sure they were mine. I swipe at one of the wolf's stomach and blood squirts on my black fur. 

He whimpers, the other wolf bites into my Front paw injuring it real bad. I hold in a whimper and turn over adding all my weight on him instantly killing him. I snap at the other wolf and flip us over. I bite on his neck and keep biting down. While I do this he quickly bites on to my ear. Not even seconds later, I see blood drop onto his dirty leaf-covered fur. 

I bite down one more time and he dies. I limp off of him and wobble a little. I shake the dizziness off and see the guards run over to me. They shift back in all their glory and try to make me shift. In the mind link, I say " I can't. The pain will cause damage to my human body. Possibly making me not walk at all" They nod and quickly put shorts on. They pick me up and quickly run me to the pack hospital. 

Sometime during the surgery, I passed out and woke up a while later to beeping noises. I groaned and opened my eyes to see two guards by the door. I sit up and quickly I feel a sharp pain in my stomach. My hands instinctively went to my stomach and I winced. The guards were by my side instantly. "Details. Now." 

Guard on the left answers first "The rogues are killed. We managed to get one and he's unconscious in the dungeons. The pack is safe and sound back in their homes, patrols are good and we have extra people patrolling. Apparently, a guard wasn't at a post when the rogues came. Saying he heard noise in the west part of him. " 

I nod. That's one thing to not worry about. I stand up but wince. The guards instantly come but my side but I hold my hands up telling them to stop. I walk and stumble a little but catch my self. I walk to the door, with ease actually. The guards follow behind me and I walk to my office. "Stand by my door. I need to talk to some people" They nod and I walk into my office and sit down. I see my phone and clothes, someone must have brought it up here, I pick my phone up and call Jack. "OLIVIA!? ARE YOU OKAY!? " 

I laugh "I'm fine, the rogues were killed and we have one in the dungeons. I'm pretty much healed because of alpha blood. 

"I'm getting there as fast as I can, I'm 20 minutes away. I'm gonna beat that rogue up" I sigh

"Don't wait till I leave the territory first ok? Get some questions out of him as well, alright?" I heard him growl but end up saying fine. "good, cause now I have to go and get packed bye" 

With that, I go into my room and start packing all of my stuff. Once I finish packing I take all my stuff downstairs and the guards put them into my black mustang. 

I pack some food to snack on and I grab all my other stuff. With that, I get into my car and see the guards that are assigned to go with me get in their Cars as well.

With that I start driving and I see jack pull in. I just wave at him and drive to the one place I never thought I would go back to. This is gonna be the best thing that's ever happened to me..... Note the sarcasm.

_______________________________________

Soooooooo sorry for not updating in a while but here you go!!! Hope you like!!! 

edited: 12/25/2019

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow