Chapter Ten

With all the potential students adding their names to the Goblet of Fire in hopes of being chosen, there were also the students who had no business of adding their names, but still chose to do so.  Pierce was resting in one of the window seats on the day of Halloween when he heard the familiar labored breathing of Julius. He turned his head to see his best friend running down the corridor towards him.

When Julius finally reached him, the boy took a minute to collect himself and gather his breathing.

"Oh I swear, these legs keep getting shorter..." Julius said before standing straight up from his hunch over position. 

"No, you're just getting lazier." Pierce chuckled. "What's up? What's made you actually run? Is there a mob of angry girls after you?"

"I wish." Julius said. "I wouldn't be running if that were the case. I'd welcome them with open arms."

"You have a lot of issues, Julius."

"I know. But anyways, we need to head to the Goblet, pronto."

"Why?"

"Because, rumor has it that Fred and George Weasley have figured out a way to enter themselves in the tournament."

"Rubbish." Pierce said shaking his head.

"Look, I'm not claiming that their going to succeed, but I think it's going to be pretty entertaining to watch. So...let's go."

"But I'm so comfortable right now." Pierce pouted in his direction. "It's so peaceful and quiet-"

"Quit being boring and get up!"

"So it's a crime to disturb you when you're relaxing but if I choose to do it, I'm being boring. You're a bloody hypocrite, Julius."

"I'm okay with that. Now let's go before we miss it."

Apparently, a great deal of students had heard about the Weasley twins' attempt at entering the tournament because as he and Julius arrived, it was packed with students from all houses. Pierce found Hermione sitting among some of the other students.

"I'll be back." he told Julius before making his way through other students until he reached Hermione's side.

"Miss Granger, I didn't take you to be one that would bother coming to watch this." he said with a small grin.

She turned her head and suddenly smiled in return.

"I didn't have much of a choice." she admitted. "Besides, these two insisted that they could prove me wrong and actually pass the age line."

"Well, I guess we'll see who was right and who was wrong, won't we?"

"I'm surprised to see you here as well though." she said raising a brow at him.

"Ah well, I didn't have much of a choice either. While Julius is much shorter and may seem fragile in appearance, if he really wants to do something, he becomes as strong as a troll."

"Oh..that is strong. I do know about the strength of a troll from personal experience." Hermione mused. "Halloween always proves to be an interesting day for me, I've noticed."

"I can't say many exciting things happen to me on Halloween, normally it involves me helping Julius back up to the Ravenclaw tower after he's stuffed himself at the feast, and then help him later on as he proceeds to vomit everywhere."

"That's disgusting." she chuckled. 

"I never claimed it was pleasant.Be thankful you're not the one who has to help him. That's all I can say."

Their conversation came to an end as the Weasley twins demanded everyone's attention before they decided their attempt. After consuming an ageing potion, the twins looked at each other before they hopped over the Age Line that was drawn around the Goblet.

"Well they did it.." Pierce said, but suddenly the twins were repelled back and when they sat up, they found themselves with long white beards.

The Great Hall erupted with laughter as the twins began to blame one another for the mishap.

Even Hermione shared in the laughter. "I told them." she said.

"Well, they were technically half right." he said. "They were able to cross the age line. But it certainly did not work out in their favor. I actually quite like the bearded look on them. Gives them sort of a regal vibe, doesn't it?"

"Oh yes, very regal." Hermione laughed again. "If you find them that nice, I'm sure you can manage to get one of your own. All you have to do is cross the line."

"Ah yes, but I have no desire to enter this tournament." Pierce informed her. "I can do without eternal glory. Although the money would be nice."

"What would you do with the prize money?" she asked him.

"I'm not sure. Perhaps travel, treat myself to a fancy dinner, buy some new reading material..who knows. More than likely I would end up buying Julius a crup pup first."

"What? Why?"

"He gets quite lonely, and if I went into the topic further of his loneliness, he would kill me."

"Oh well, we wouldn't want that would we? So I'll just take your word for it."

"Much appreciated." Pierce said standing up. "Well, it should be interesting to see who gets selected this evening."

"It certainly wouldn't be Halloween if something exciting didn't happen." Hermione told him.

"I guess we'll see what exciting things are to come then, won't we?"