Chapter Thirty Nine

"No, I don't want to do this!"

Julius rolled his eyes as he stood in the boy's dorm, trying to convince Pierce that they were going on a double date, whether he liked it or not.

"Pierce, get out from under your bed."

"No." The reply came. "I'm going to stay under here until you drop this nonsense."

"It's just a date, Pierce. It's a good opportunity for people to get to know what they truly like about each other and why are you fighting this? It means you get to spend time with Hermione."

"It also means I'm disrespecting another boy who is also trying to date her."

"Who cares?!" Julius said.

"I care! I don't want to be a brute-"

Julius snorted. 'You? A brute? Oh Pierce, you couldn't be a brute even if you tried your hardest. Look, Krum's an idiot, we've established this. He has the IQ of a potato."

"Julius, that's horrible!" Pierce's voice came from under the bed, before he poked his head out. "Don't you insult the potato."

Julius attempted to grab Pierce but the boy disappeared back under his bed. "Pierce, you come out of there, this instant!"

"No."

"Pierce!"

"I'm not going! I'm not going to publicly embarrass myself by asking a girl on a date who isn't available. No, not going to happen."

"Alright, fine! Fine!" Julius threw his hands up into the air in frustration. "You are the most stubborn arse I have ever met."

"You know I take that as a compliment , right?"

Julius sat on Pierce's bed. "Yes, I know." he sighed. "And it's incredibly hard to argue with you right now since you're hiding under the bed. I feel like I'm arguing with your night stand."

"Naughty Nightstand."

"Alright, look, you don't have to ask Hermione out on a date, okay? Just come out of there." Julius begged him.

He heard Pierce crawl out from beneath, and a moment later, Pierce sat on his own bed beside his best friend.

The other boy stood up and placed his hands on his lips.

"Now that you won't go  and ask Hermione on a date, we're going to have to brainstorm." 

"No, we really don't have to." Pierce said. "I really just rather focus on my school work during the time between tasks. I actually miss all of my work, this Tournament is getting in the way of all my study time-"

"Shh...Pierce, we're talking about important things here, not schooling."

"Right, important things...not schooling. Right." Pierce clapped his hand over his face.

Julius began walking back and forth, circling all over the room, making Pierce slightly dizzy as he propped himself onto his bed and watched him.

"Will you stay still? Can't you think while sitting down?" Pierce rubbed his temples as he closed his eyes.

"Oh that's it!" Julius rubbed his hands together before letting out a vicious little giggle.

"What in Merlin's name just came out of your mouth? That was not human by any means."

"Never mind that Pierce. I have an idea. You say Nancy is just your friend right?"

"Right?"

"Well friends help friends, right?"

"Left."

"An...stop it!" Julius huffed at him. "Anyways, as I was saying, Nancy knows you like Hermione, and she's been trying to set you up to. So this is what you do, you and Nancy go on a date with Vanessa and me, and we make sure that we are in eye sight of Hermione the entire time. So that way, she gets jealous."

"That's a horrible and immature idea, Jules."

"I know...it's great. I'm so proud of myself." The boy beamed clapping himself on the back.

"I'm not asking Nancy on a date." Pierce folded his arms over his chest.

"Fine, I'll go do it for you."

"No, Jules, no! Bad Jules! Sit! Stay! NO!"

"I hate you. I hate you. I hate you!" Pierce grumbled to Julius as they sat in Transfiguration.

"Are you done now?!" Julius asked glancing over at Pierce who was glaring at him.

"No. I hate you. Now I'm done. For now."

"I get you a date and this is the thanks I get." 

"You got me a date with a girl I didn't want to date in the first place!"

"Pierce, she knows it's not a real date. She's going along with the plan, will you relax?"

"No, because how shallow do I look, showing interest in a girl and then dating another? It's pathetic! You are making me look bad."

"No, I'm making you look desirable! You'll thank me later."

"I don't want to be desirable!" Pierce groaned hitting his face with his book.

"You're already desirable Pierce, you just have to be MORE desirable."

The boy glanced up from behind his book at Julius.

"You think I'm desirable?"

"Of course I do!" Julius snapped at him. "Now let's focus, on the plan-"

"I would actually prefer if you two focus on the lesson!"

The two glanced up to see Professor McGonagall eyeing them from the front of the class. The students around them snickered while the two boys turned a bright shade of red.

"Good going, Julius. Good going."

"This wouldn't have happened if you would stop being so difficult." Julius whispered.

"Me?! If you could have just let it go to begin with, this all could have been prevented, but no, JULIUS MUST CONTINUE ON WITH HIS PLAN!" Pierce bellowed out into the classroom.

"Oh really? Well, listen here, Holmes, my plan could actually work. MAYBE SOME OF US DON'T NEED A MIND PALACE TO COME UP WITH A GOOD IDEA!"

"YOU'RE NOT ONE OF THEM!"

"YOU TAKE THAT BACK!"

"I WON'T!"