Chapter Fifty

Julius gripped Nancy's hand as soon as he saw Sherlock and John emerge carrying the body of his best friend. The crowd of students gasped upon seeing the blood and Julius finally let out the sob that he had been holding back.

"Pierce?"

Nancy's hand squeezed his as he squeezed hers. "It probably just looks worse than it is." She told him trying to be brave for the boy but she didn't know what else to say as Sherlock and John's expression didn't match her words.

The great Sherlock Holmes looked frantic and John looked no better as professors and members of the Ministry circled around them to figure out what was going on. But just as everyone made their way to them, there was a crack in the clearing as Harry appeared in the middle with Cedric lying on the ground before him. Throwing the cup away from him, Harry was sobbing over Cedric's chest.

"What is going on?" Nancy whimpered shaking her head. "What's going on?"

Julius looked over at her. His eyes flooded with tears. 

"Mass chaos."

The first place to bring Pierce was to the Hospital wing to let Madam Pomfrey work her healing magic on the boy as Sherlock and John were no match. The two men stayed close along with Julius and Nancy to make sure they knew about everything that was taking place. However, Madam Pomfrey didn't have a look of confidence on her face as she worked to the best of her ability. 

"He'll be alright, right? He'll be okay?" Julius needed the men before him to confirm that Pierce would wake up and be alright. "Please tell me he's going to be okay? He said he would be. He said..."

John pulled Julius into him and allowed the boy to cry and cry. Nancy placed her hand over her mouth as Madam Pomfrey finally made her way over to them with a solemn look on her face.

"I'm sorry." The older woman sighed wiping the sweat off her brow and looking to the group. "I did everything I could for him, but the wounds were too deep. That is some very dark magic that was placed upon Pierce's body."

"No," John shook his head. "Please don't-"

"I've requested that he be transferred over to St. Mungo's." She said. 

Everyone remained quiet in shock.

"I was able to stop the bleeding, but he will have a decent amount of scarring on his body. Hopefully, St. Mungo's can offer him a bit more than the resources I have here." Madam Pomfrey said. "I-"

Before the woman could say anything else, she found herself wrapped in several different hugs as Julius, Nancy and John hugged her tightly.

"Oh!" She said as she was nearly knocked over. 

"Thank you, thank you so much!" Julius cried into her.

While the other three were thanking the nurse, Sherlock made his way over to the bed where Pierce was lying. His eyes were closed as the draught given to him, had put him to sleep to help the pain subside. His arms were laid straight out, as well as the rest of his body which was completely bandaged from the wounds he had sustained. 

Sherlock walked over and sat down on the edge of the side of the bed. 

"I told you, I told you, you would be okay, didn't I? And I certainly wasn't wrong." Sherlock said softly. "I was right as usual and...and..."

He rubbed his hand over his mouth as he looked away from the unconscious boy after seeing Pierce flinch in his sleep.

"I'm so glad you're going to be alright." He whispered to his son. "I don't think anyone can understand how glad I am."

He rested his hand over Pierce's.

"This is all my fault. I should have been there for you since day one, but because I wasn't...what I saw as weakness, turns out it was the farthest thing from it. Had I been a father since day one, we wouldn't be in this situation. Moriarty would have found a different way to get to me, but instead, it was my own fault that he chose to go after you. For that, I'm so sorry, Pierce. Your mother and I should have been better to you. I can't apologize for her, but I can spend the rest of my life apologizing to you every day."

The Healers at St. Mungo's looked to the boy that came in from Hogwarts after the transfer was called in. They immediately began working on his wounds to reduce the amount of scarring he would have. At one point, his hand began to flinch as he attempted to lift it up.

Pierce awoke in a panic as he found himself surrounded by people as he awoke. The new faces startled him and all he could think of was the pain of the Cruciatus curse that had been placed on his body for so long. He squirmed trying to get away from the people, however, he was easily restrained with magic as one of the female Healers stood in front of him.

"Pierce Holmes, it's alright, dear. You're in St. Mungo's, you're safe." She reassured him. "We're working on healing you up completely, but we need you to remain calm. If you like, we can put your back to sleep."

"N-no!!" Pierce called out, his voice scratchy as his throat was completely dry. He struggled against the restraints.

"Alright, well we're going to need to you stay still, can you do that for us?"

"I need...I need..."

"What do you need?" The woman lowered herself close to the boy to hear his request.

"I want my dad."