Chapter Thirteen

"How does this sound.." Pierce called from his bed as he held the letter he had written to his father. "Dear John,-"

"I thought you were writing to your dad?" Julius said.

"My father doesn't answer his own mail, so I figured I would cut to the chase and just address the letter to who is actually going to read it."

"Fair enough." Julius said pressing his lips together. "Continue."

"Where was I? Oh yes. Dear John, recent events at school have forced me to contact my father in hopes that he could set aside some time for his own son and actually offer some help. As you might have known already, the Triwizard Tournament was brought to Hogwarts this year. With three champions supposed to be chosen initially, it seems the Goblet did not get the memo as I was selected as well as Harry Potter, after the three Champions were chosen. Something has gone awry and I know my father is capable of assisting in this situation as much as it pains me to admit such a thing. However, I completely understand if he is too busy. If anything, please inform him that if he cannot be of use then I will gladly call upon Uncle Mycroft. Or I might be as so bold to call upon Mr. Moriarty."

"You really know how to get your point across don't you, Pierce?"

Pierce smiled proudly from his bed before sitting up and folding the letter.

"Yeah well, when you meet him, you'll understand where I'm coming from, Julius."

"Do you think he'll come?" Julius asked.

"I can only hope at this point, but I'm not betting my life on it. Right now, my safest bet is figuring out what the first task is before the day of so I can prepare myself and try to figure out who put my name in the Goblet and why."

"Well, since I predicted the mass chaos of this situation, I think it's safe to say I have found my calling in all of this." Julius said.

"And that is?"

"I'm obviously a Seer, Pierce, so I'm going to predict this for you to the best of my abilities."

Pierce snorted. "Very well, this should be interesting as well as entertaining. Well, at least I won't be bored this year, will I? I absolutely hate being bored."

"Somehow even in the craziest of situations, you still find yourself bored so I won't be surprised if you announce your boredom within the first task." Julius chuckled. "Remember when the Chamber of Secrets was opened? I never saw you more bored until they threatened to close the school down, then you were all for solving it."

"Well yes, because closing down the school meant I would have to suffer being around my mother for longer periods of time. No thank you."

The schools were buzzing with chatter the next morning after the previous nights events. Pierce did his best to drown out the whispering as it became irritating to him quickly. Julius tried to cheer him up as they walked down the corridor to the Great Hall for breakfast when they were approached by some older Hogwarts students.

Pierce gave an eye roll as they were stopped in the middle of the walkway.

"I bet you think you're awfully clever for figuring out a way to pass your name into the Goblet." One of the boys said to him. "You couldn't let another student have the glory...you and Potter..couldn't resist, could you?"

"Please, stop," Pierce said. "Before you embarrass yourself any further. You have absolutely no proof that I or Mr. Potter placed our names in the Goblet. You're basing your accusations off of rumors that have been passed from mouth to mouth throughout the school. With the lack of evidence one could claim anything, that doesn't mean it's true. It means you were stupid enough to go along with the word of others without question. Now if you would so kindly step aside so that my friend and I may venture to the Great Hall it would be greatly appreciated. 

Pierce stepped around them with Julius beside him. They traveled a little ways away from the boys before Pierce turned around.

"Next time, do everyone a favor and think before you speak before you lower the IQ of everyone in passing."

Julius stared at Pierce until he gained the boy's attention. 

"What? Why are you looking at me like that, Julius?"

"Are you trying to get a beat down, Pierce?"

"No, I was simply educating those boys that they shouldn't be quick to accuse without getting their facts straight."

Deep frown lines developed on John Watson's face as he read over Pierce's letter that arrived with a school owl during the late afternoon.

Gripping the letter with concern, he left to the room where Sherlock was lying on the sofa, his hands pressed together as he pondered something in quiet thought.

"There's a letter from your son." John called out to him.

Sherlock offered no reaction to the news.

"It's not good, you know?" John said placing more urgency into his voice.

"Where is his mother?" Sherlock finally spoke. John gave him a look.

"Does it matter? He's calling upon you, not his mother."

"Many call upon me, it doesn't mean I answer."

"He is your son!" John replied sternly. "And right now he is calling upon you because his name was called for the Triwizard Tournament being held at the school."

Sherlock glanced up. "He isn't of age to enter-"

"So that would raise some concern now, wouldn't it?" John scoffed. "He says that not only he was selected but Harry Potter as well. They are both underage and their names were pulled."

Sherlock stood up to his feet, looking around the room.

"And they did not void the tournament." Sherlock stated to himself in thought.

"Obviously not since he is writing to you for help."

"Quiet! I'm thinking!" Sherlock said demanding silence as he looked down to the floor.

John waited a few moments before clearing his throat.

"Says here if you're not willing to help, he will gladly call upon his Uncle Mycroft or Moriarty."

A small smirk played on Sherlock's expression.

"Well played, Pierce."

"He's your son, and he needs you right now."

"Can it be classified as a need? Sounds more of a want-"

"Let's go."