Late

If there was one word Gwen Stacy would use to describe Peter Parker, it would be late. 

Sure he was funny, amazing, and adorable, but his tardiness canceled all these characteristics out.

She understood he was Spiderman and had other duties to fulfill, but she couldn't even remember the last time he was on time to one of their dates and hium being early was as distant as ever.

Groaning, Gwen sat herself down on one of the park benches, and began to wait. The soft breeze blew her blonde hair across her face and she kept having to tuck it back behind her ears. 

Five minutes. Then ten minutes, before the number then became fifteen.

He wasn't coming. Gwen checked her phone for any new messages, thinking maybe he had at least sent her a message, canceling their date, but there was nothing.

Sighing, Gwen stood up and brushed off her skirt- the new one she had saved just for tonight.

Peter had said this date was going to be special, but it had only been specially canceled. 

Tears sprang to her eyes but she refused to let them fall. She had known it would be difficult trying to maintain a relationship with Spiderman, but she always reminded herself that it was worth it.

He was worth it.

But just as she began to walk, her feet were suddenly lifted from the ground. Gwen shrieked before a pair of arms wrapped around her waist.

"Peter Parker!" Gwen yelled as she frantically grapsed onto him. 

"Sshh," Peter said as he pressed a finger to her lips. After a few moments Peter swung onto the roof of a building, and released his girlfriend.

Gwen stepped back and analyzed him. He seemed to be dressed for their date. It took her a moment to realize the gash on his cheek.

"Oh, Peter," Gwen said as she stepped forward and softly ran her hand against it. 

"I'm sorry I was so late, Gwen," Peter said. "I was looking forward to our date all day...honest I was. But there was this cat and-" He sighed. "You deserve so much more."

"Peter," Gwen said firmly. "You're hurt. There are more important things than dates. It doesn't matter."

"But it does," he argued. "This wasn't the first time, I'm always late, to every single date we have planned."

She shook her head, "That doesn't matter. You're Spiderman- things are always going to come up. I don't care if you're late, as long as you're with me.Everyone deserves to be with somebody who loves me. And you do." Gwen reach up and pressed a small kiss to his lips.

"And I love you, bug boy." Gwen said as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Just one thing."

"Anything," Peter said and rested his forhead against hers.

"Next time you're chasing wild cats and planning on being late for our date, call and let me know. I think the cats can wait."

Peter smiled and said, "Ready for our date."

"You mean the one that was supposed to be an hour ago?" She laughed, "Of course I am."

Peter latched his web to the side of another building, and began swinging Gwen back to their date location- one hour later than planned.

A/N

So I'm not really proud of this one, but please tell me what you think in a review!

Love_To_Write218