Always

Gwen hugged her fleece jacket tightly around her body, and wrapped her arms around her torso. She was tired, and all she wanted to do was go home and drink some hot chocolate before crawling into bed. And she would have been too, if it wasn't for her ridiculous science teacher. 

Not only had she changed the guidelines for the end-of-semester project, but she had also bumped up the due date. So Gwen Stacy had to cancel her Tuesday night plans with her boyfriend and instead went over to her partner's house- Katherine Winter. In the whole three hours she had been there, the girls had only gotten the oral part of the project done- they still needed to do the written response. 

To say she was in a foul mood would be an underestimate. On top of that, anxiousness was taking over Gwen's body. The project was due Thursday- two days away- and if it wasn't finished or sone properly, she could say goodbye to being Midtown's brightest student.

Dark clouds started forming above her, "Great, just what I need," she mumbled under her breath. Gwen looked down and started to jog, building up speed with every step. Just as she was turning the corner, she bumped into something, or someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Gwen appologized and looked up, only to be greeted with a sneer worn by a boy who appeared her age, perhaps a little older. She tried moving around him, but he blocked her path.

"Hold on a minute" the boy asked and reached out to her. She took a step back.  "What's a pretty girl like you doing out here by yourself?"

"I just need to get home," Gwen said casually and tried moved around him, but once again he blocked her exit.

He shook his head and began advancing on her. Gwen gulped and slowly began to back away, before her body came into contact with a brick wall.

The boy stoped just ahead of her, and began smiling devilishly, "Well that's a shame, because I really wanted to stay with you tonight....." 

"Please just let me go...." Gwen said calmy and tried her best to act normal.

He only reached out and began stroking her face, before his hand went lower and lower...

"Stop," Gwen cried and struck her hand againt his face, leaving a red mark.

The boy's head turned back towards her, and his eyes became menacing. Gwen wanted to shrink away in fear. "Please, just leave me alone," she soflty pleaded.

But instead he reached his hand out and slapped her across the face. She shrieked and fell to the ground, holding her cheek. He hovered over and started to say, "You are such a bi-"

Before he could finish, he was suddenly flying backwards, and a voice Gwen loved dearly cut in, "She said leave her alone!"

Spiderman.

Peter ran towards the guy and threw him against the wall, before punching him squarely in the jaw, "Never touch her again!" he warned. The boy staggered to his feet and gave both Gwen and Peter a small glare, before slowly limping away.

Once he was out of sight Peter slipped off his mask and rushed towards Gwen. He picked her body up and pulled her to him. "Oh, please be alright. I'm sorry I couldn't get here sooner."

She smiled and looked up at him, before leaning up and crashing her lips against his. He responded back to the kiss, before they both pulled away. 

Gwen smiled contently, "Thanks for saving me, bug boy," she said quietly.

Peter rested his forhead against hers as he returned her smile, "I'll always be there to save you, Gwen." He gave her a light kiss on the nose. "Always."

A/N

So this one's a little longer...that's good....am I right? 

Please review and don't be afraid to tell me any requests you may have- I'm happy to do them ;)

Love_To_Write218