First Day Of School

This was another oneshot inspired by foreverinmymind12. Thank you so much!!!!!

*Keep in mind this is a kindergarten AU*

Peter Parker walked into the schoolroom, clutching his lunchbag like his life depended on it. His unruly hair fell over his eyes, but he did nothing to brush it out. The less eye contact he made the better- even as a five year old Peter knew this.

He knew hating the first day of school was normal- expected even- and he wasn't the only one. But Peter also knew that kids didn't normally move to a new town literally the day before school started, and in that case, he was definetly the minoritry.

Peter discreetly tried peeking around at the small classroom, trying to estimate just how many kids were in the class. There was a pale looking boy in the front, with dark bangs covering most of his face. A rather large boy down directly in front of where Peter was standing. Moving his eyes towards the back, he spotted two girls sitting in the back. One girl had auburn red hair, while the others was blonde. The redhead hardly paid him any attention, but the light-haired girl flashed him a small smile, making Peter get a weird feeling in his stomach and his cheeks turn crimson.

Peter tore his eyes away, sighing. It was obvious everyone else already knew each other, and many were already friends. 

"Class," the teacher said, holding the young boy's hand. "Peter just moved here from Wyoming- just in time for the first day of school!"

The students remained silent, and the teacher cleared her throat, "We'll...welcome him."

In unision the class welcomed in to the class, before the teacher spoke kindly, "You can sit here, next to Eugene all right?" she pointed to an empty seat next to the rather large boy. 

Slowly Peter made his way to the seat and sat down, already wanting to go home

_ _ _ _

Eugene or Flash- as Peter soon learned he liked to be called- was a bully. He bossed Peter around, and when it was 'Class Coloring Time,' Flash reached over and cracked each of the new boy's crayons in half, before repeatedly poking him- simply out of pleasure.

By the time it was recess, he just wanted to graduate kindergarten.

Peter slowly trudged to the door, before he was stopped by the teacher- Mrs. Johnson she was called. "Oh, Peter, I haven't assigned you your recess buddy yet."

Reaching over, Mrs. Johnson motioned to the blond girl from earlier, "This is Gwen. She will help you in the lunchroom, and play with you at recess. Will that be fine with you?"

"Yes!" Peter said a little too quickly. Smiling, the teacher left, leaving the students alone.

Gwen smiled- a very pretty smile, he might add- showing all of her pearly white teeth, "What do you like to play?"

"Uh..."

Gwen laughed, before grapping his hand and pulling him outside. "I like to swing. Come on!" She pulled him to the swings and climbed on, Peter following close behind. 

"Do you like to read?" Gwen asked after a while.

"No, not really," Peter shook his head.

"Oh," Gwen said, obviously disappointed.

"But I will!"

She grinned, and Peter couldn't stop the next words from tumbling out of his mouth, "You're really pretty."

Gwen's smile grew as heat rose to her cheeks. "Thanks." She bit her lip"Peter, are you my best friend now?"

Without hesitation, Peter anwsered, "Of course."

There conversations were interuppted by the sound of the bell ringing, signaling the end of recess. Gwen pulled Peter's arm, "Come on!"

Peter laughed, chasing after his new best friend.

A/N

I've never wrote a fanfiction like this before, so I hope I did alright, and the characters were believable.

Please review and vote! 

~Leave me any requests you have, and you will recieve a shoutout~

Love_To_Write218