Starbucks

"Do you have any plans for the holidays?" Peter asked as he blew on his hands. The December air was chilly, and each word spoken turned to frost upon leaving his mouth.

Gwen shook her head as she wrapped her arms around herself tighter. "Not that I know of. Normally we just stay home and a few relatives were there. Dad always tried his best to not be called into the station on Christmas morning, but he was the police chief..."

Her words hung in the air, not even bothering to finish. Sighing, Gwen spoke bitterly, "At least we'll know for sure not to expect him this year."

Peter shook his head and wrapped his arm around his girlfriend, "Don't think like that, please. I talked to Aunt May, and she said we could have your family over to celebrate. It would allow your mom to relax a little bit."

Gwen nodded, "Yeah, she'd probably like that a lot actually."

"Well, for the most part it's settled then." Peter gave her a squeeze. "Want to stop somewhere for a warm drink?"

She finally smiled, "Yeah, that'd be really nice."

Without even asking first, Peter crouched down and picked her up right under her knees, before standing up holding her bridal style. She squeaked in surprise and desperately tried latching her arms onto his heavy jacket. 

"Peter!" she shrieked.

He hugged her to his chest, "Have you seen the sidewalk? There's more ice than pavement. I don't want my precious girlfriend slipping."

Gwen groaned, but nonetheless willingly snuggled into his chest and relished in the warmth. "Love you, Peter."

He looked down at her fondly and kissed her head, "And I love you."

Upon arriving at the closest Starbucks, Peter gently set her down. "You go on and take a seat while I get our drinks."

Gwen nodded and made her way to the back, trying to avoid as much eye contact with others her age as possible. It wasn't long before Peter made his way back to her, two drinks in his hand.

She looked at the name on her cup, and raised her eyebrows, "Gwendelyon and bug boy? Seriously? I can't believe they even wrote that down, let alone actually correctly."

Peter pouted, "Well excuse me of being proud of our relationship."

Taking a sip, she then spoke, "You are excused for being a dork." His pout grew before she laughed and leaned forward to press a kiss to his lips. "But of course, it only makes me love you more."

A/N

Hi..this was a semi-holiday Gweter, and hopefully before Christmas I'll be able to get a more direct holiday themed oneshot in. 

I am currently listening to Christmas music as I write this, and want to ask...what is your guys' favorite holiday song?

No specific reason, just felt like asking. Mine is either What a Glorious Night by Sidewalk Prophets and really every single Christmas song on the Pentatonix album.

Please leave a comment and vote!