No Matter What

~If you don't find the gif above adorable then I really have no way to help you~

I sat on my bed, dried tears sticking to my cheeks. I didn't even bother to wipe them. What was he thinking? Was I really that unimportant to him?

"Gwen, honey, dinner's ready!" My mom called from the kitchen, but I shook my head before calling back.

"I'm going to stay in her for tonight." My voice was so pained it only made me feel worse.

My mom didn't call back- she most likely had expected my response.

Drying my eyes, I leaned back in my bed, trying my hardest to fall asleep, to escape this lifeless world, to forget about him, even if it was for only a few hours.

"I can't see you anymore," he spoke, before repeating. "I can't."

My breath hitched as more water formed into my eyes, a mixture of rain and tears.

Turning around, I tried to control my breathing, and slowly walked down his porch. I opened my umbrella before looking back at Peter Parker who- until a few moments ago- had been my boyfriend.

"He made you promise didn't he?"

Peter didn't respond. And with that, I walked away.

I awoke. Even my dreams were despressing.

There was a slight knock at the door, and my mother peeked her head through, "Gwen, sweetie, are you sure you don't want to talk about anything?"

I shook my head, but the endless river of tears that began flowing down my cheeks told her otherwise.

"Oh," she said, alarmed, and rushed over. She began running her hand over my back, trying to soothe me, "Shh, honey, is it your dad?"

I shook my head, "Yes. No. I don't know." I threw my hands out in exasperation. " Peter broke up with me, and that makes Dad's death so much harder."

She rubbed my back, coaxing me to add more, but I had nothing else to say. After a few seconds of silence, my mom softly asked, " Why did he do it?"

I couldn't say why, boyfriend or not, I wasn't cheap enough to openly tell Peter's secret. I sighed, "I don't know. Some stupid boy reason I suppose."

Mom nodded, understanding, "I know it's hard. But maybe this is just the way it's meant to be." This grabbed my attention.

"I mean," she continued. "All things happen for a reason, isn't that right? I know it's hard- trust me, I know- but if it's meant to be, it'll happen."

It was the most clichè sentence ever, but I didn't care. Every girl needs a little clichè in their lives. Nodding, I did my best to wipe my tears, "Thanks, I'm going to turn in for an early night."

She gave me a small smile, and headed towards my door. "Sleep well."

Returning her smile, I stood up and grabbed a pair of pajama pants before slipping on a t-shirt. I brushed my teeth, and slowly crawled into bed.

Following my nighttime habit, I took one last peek at my phone, not for any reason specifically, only to stop short at what my phone said.

A wide smile made its way onto my face, and I must have sat there in bed for at least a full minute, simply staring. Looking out my window, I see nothing, but I know he's out there somewhere. 

Setting my phone back down, I manage to fall asleep instantly, the smile never leaving my face.

From: Peter

I still love you...no matter what

A/N

Another simply random idea, but really, that's what sparks all writers, isn't that right?

Okay so I was thinking about doing another oneshot kind of like the First Day of School, but put it as a different plot and everything. What do you guys think about that?

If you don't like it, then please leave me some other prompts. In fact, if you like it, you can still leave a prompt. ;)

Read~Review~Vote

Love_To_Write218