Chatper 1: Introduction

Connor------> 😎
Connor

My name is Connor McKnight, I'm 17 and my life is a living hell. My ex-best friend, Luke Summers is captain of the football team, soccer team, and choir. He was the absolute best friend I ever had, till I told him I was gay. Then he stopped talking to me completely, it's Junior year and he wouldn't even look at me, I finally had the courage to confess up to him during the summer. We're only 2 months into school and people have already found out about me being gay. I've been pushed, pulled, thrown and I've been called names. Except now it's more like 'Fag' or 'Queer' or even 'Homo' that last one I really didn't care, but the other two. I could kill the next person who said it without remorse. I wasn't that strong, I mean I knew how to fight, yet I'm not into violence. I'm passive-aggressive, I use more now a different style of outfits. I tried recreation my image, some people notice I could hear their whispers. I didn't say anything just walked to my locker. I open the locker to find a note fall out, it was a small rose red color paper. I squared down to pick it up, I then opened it putting my stuff in the locker.

Meet me at the football bleachers, I think we should talk.

~Anonymous

I crumpled it up, It's a trap. Like hell in falling for that. I thought to myself, yet curiosity of who would write the note? I put my stuff in my locker, then took out my AP Environmental book. Once a Nerd, always a Nerd. I thought to myself. I headed to my AP sociology class just before the bell rang, and students started pouring in from the door. Of course Luke has to be in this class, it sucked I just hate that he told the school I'm gay. He sits right in front of me, I'm just glad I never told him I had a crush on him since 13, we've been friends since we were both 10 yrs old. Now he won't look at me, he talks to his friend right next to him. Someone I use to talk to, and now someone who ignores my calls. Is there some rule you have to disown your friend if they're gay? You tell one fuckin secret and you're a new person completely apparently. The worst part about Luke never talking to me for the past 2 months, is that he's my next fucking door neighbor. His window just has to be facing mine doesn't it, just to serve as a reminder. You will never get someone like that in your life. I hate myself for telling him, he was worth the white lie to me. I just thought 7 years might have had some effect on his no talking, yet nothing our friendship was gone. My old life doesn't even matter anymore, all they see is just some gay outcast no one talks to. I honestly felt so betrayed, then the teacher walked into class and started.

"Alright, for this weeks project. We're going to be doing a social experiment, you are going to be doing this in partners. No, you don't have a choice of your partner, I already chose your partners. Natalia and Richard, Jessica and Taylor, Olivia and James, Kendal and Austin, Juan and Max, Luke and Connor, Leslie and Raphael, Victoria and Justin, Tyler and Maria, Melissa and Jessie(guy). You're going to a dinner I reserved at a Marriott hotel, it's not too far but you have to practice being in public. Even if it is of the same gender." He said, some people groaned. My heart was to loud to understand anything after 'Luke and Connor'. He has to talk to me, why of all partners did I have to be paired with him. Luke stood up raising his hand.

"Is it ok that I switch partners with Justin." He said, well that hurt. "I second that motion please sir can I switch," Victoria said, that hurt more. Then here came the thing that killed me inside.

"I don't want to be stuck with the gay boy," Justin said I put my head down. I wanted to cry, but that would make me even more vulnerable. I just stayed quiet as they all started talking about not wanting to be my partner. "QUIET! NO ONE is changing partners. GOT IT!" the teacher said, all the student sat back down. I was now the center of attention, my ex-best friend doesn't want to talk to me.

All I could think about next period during was how bad people don't want to be my partner. I wasn't even paying any attention to the class, then I thought about the note.

Fuck it, what else am I going to do. Being partners with Luke won't hurt more than him not talking to me. I just thought about the note in my locker all day. No.

I was already heading towards the bleachers after school, but I instantly walked past them and went home.