Chapter 35: Warning

Luke
We stepped inside and got in line. Connor went to sit at a table, while I was behind 2 people ordering. The door opened and a girl passed by me to the employee door. She had red hair and it was barely showing.

"Hi Connor." She called, I turn to see him wave. He stood up and came next to me as the people in front of us moved to the side. "Hey Natalie, I didn't know you worked here?" Connor said, giving her a quick hug.

"Yeah I got a job last week, I heard your brother is in our first period. You guys seriously didn't know each other?" She asked, he shook his head. She then focused on me. "So what would you like to eat Luke?" She said, she knew my name?

"I'll get 2 number 8 combos with a Sprite and..." I look to Connor, as he looks to Natalie. "Coke." He said, I turn back to her. "Coke and 2 side of large fries." I said, she nodded and put it all in.

"$18.79." She said smiling to me, I had her a $20. She takes it from my hand and opens the register, taking out my change.

She hands it to me with my receipt. Then the door open again with the little *ding* of a bell. I step aside, and take the cups she places for me and Connor.

"Luke." I turn around at the sight of Dustin. Dustin is my best friend, should be my beta rather than Justin. Which I should get arranged for them to get switched, I at least know I can count on him.

"Hi Dustin." I say waving to him. We walk to the table and sit, Dustin sits across from us. "Can I talk to you.. Privately." He said, I look to Connor. He nodded then went to talk with Natalie. I look back at Dustin, he was sweating badly.

"Did you run here? Why are you so sweaty?" I ask, his eyes full of worry. "Luke there have been rouges spotted near here." He said, in a low voice. I widen my eye almost choking on my drink.

"Wait what?" I ask quietly, in disbelief. "They have been spotted near the school, this is the 3rd time we've had a sighting. They won't attack though, so it's like their looking for something." He said, looking around outside. Thinking about why there here.

"What would they want, not like we have anything special here. Unless they want to attack during a full moon. Then we would be at full strength though, so why near a full moon? Why now?" I ask aloud so he could hear, he kept looking outside. "I don't know, but watch your back on that trip. I'll do my best to keep everyone safe at home." He said, then looked to me, I nod.

"Ok keep me posted, I'll do the same." I said, he nodded getting up. "Stay safe." He said then headed out. Connor came back with the food on a tray.

"Hey foods ready, what's up with Dustin?" He asked, putting the tray on the table. I grabbed my food placing it in front of me. "Nothing, he just said he's going to miss me while we're away." I said, I don't want him to worry anymore.

He looks at me skeptically, then shrugs it off eating his food. It was a peaceful quiet between us, occasionally exchanging glances at each other.

"Alright I think we should head back, bus gets to school in about 30 minutes. Parker wants us there at least 10 before." I said, looking at the time. He nods taking a sip of his drink.

"You know what I just thought of. We never actually planned what else were going to do while over there." He said, I nodded.

"Well wouldn't you like to just explore together?" I ask, I knew what it was like there. Roads that are on a hill, every direction going up or down some small patch of hill."I'd like that." He said giving a smile, making my wolf whine for him again.

We got up saying bye to Natalie, then getting in the car. I turn on the car, then pulled out the parking heading back to school. "So anymore questions about your wolf?" I asked, trying to start a conversation. He turns to me, with a smile making my heart sing with joy. "Just one, is there any bad werewolves in our school?" He asked, which caused me to frown.

"No, why?" I ask, he didn't stop his gaze at me. I could see it from the corner of my eye, his eyes flickered yellow. I heard a sizzling sound, as Connor lifted his arm. He set down on the dashboard as a message appeared.

'Rouges will come.' He didn't know what that meant. "What are rouges?" He asked, I stopped at a red light. "Their nothing to fear." I said, he flinched then screamed grabbing the side of his head. I wanted to help, but this happens when a spirit is in a human.

I grab his hand in mine, as his heart rate was accelerating. He was sweating like crazy, I couldn't do a single thing about it.

Once we pull up to the school parking lot, I park the car cupping his cheeks into a kiss. His hands fall, as he accepted the kiss.

His heart rate was going back to normal, as his eyes slowly opened to blue/green to meet my blue eyes. I heard the quick sizzle of his wolf writing. We both look down to his arm, as it was a symbol. The symbol of my pack, how does his wolf know about my pack?