Chapter 34: Connection

Connor
UGGGGHH why is this class so boring. This is a music class, why the hell isn't anyone playing instruments or signing or SOMETHING?!?!?!!

"Ok Ms Michael can I go play some music, while I wait. I don't think you need my help, while they are working for now." I said, she looks over to me from her computer and nods.

I get out of my small desk and go to the piano, while the students work on some worksheet on notes and scales. I sit down as some students look up to see me play, I didn't turn to acknowledge them. I was to bored of school to focus on it. I focused on Luke and tried to see if our connection could work from him at home to me here. I close my eyes and concentrate.

'Luke?' I called, it was silent for a moment. 'You know talking like this is like texting and driving. I'm in the way back.' He said, making me chuckle softly.

I started playing the piano and just thought of letting Luke hear the song. He did and the spirit inside me was illuminated yellow by both our joy. I let my fingers flow over the piano army emotions had no effect, while softly turning yellow to a soft pink. I open my eyes putting my phone to face me, my eyes were swirling with different colors at the same time like a rainbow in a circle, rotating in my eyes. I close them and keep playing, I hum along feeling my emotion come back as it takes over. I smile feeling like every problem was gone and taken away, nothing was hard in life.

'I can feel your joy.' Luke called, I chuckled. 'Well I'm happy deal with it.' I said back.

'You excited about our weekend eh?' He asked trying to sound Canadian, I shook my head. Oh he's not here to see me. 'No, it's just uplifting having this wolf. I feel so free, but why does it give me that scratching feeling. Like that thing wants to get out?' I ask, he was silent for a moment.

I finished playing the piano, looking at my phone my eyes were back to normal. I pick it up as student began to clap for me, I took a small bow then went back to grab my bag as the bell rang.

I picked it up placing it on my left shoulder, heading out of the class. Once in the halls I went out the corridor to the set of stairs to the ground floor. I went down with students going both up and down the stairs to get to class. I walk past the science halls and go past the front office to see Luke's car parked in front.

I was walking towards it, till I felt my wolf growl at something behind me making me stop and turn to see Luke trying to scare me.

"Really? You tried to scare me?" I asked, crossing my arms. "How did you hear me? I was so quiet, not even a squirrel would have heard me." He stated pouting crossing his arms. I point to my head, giving a smirk.

"It told me someone was behind me." I said, he walked closer to pull me into hug. He took a big whiff of my hair, I laugh. "Weirdo. Why my hair of all things?" I ask, he shrugs then we head to his car. He pulled the door open for me, I stepped in and he closed it for me. He walked around front and got in, turning on the car.

"So what do you want to eat before we go?" He asked, I shrugged. Even though my stomach grumbled at the sound of food. He chuckled putting his hand over my stomach, sending a wave of electricity through my body. "Is somebody hungry?" He asked, like he was talking to a baby looking arm my stomach. I was about to say something, but my stomach growled again. I blush as he laughs at the reaction.

"Aww your so cute when you blush." He says putting a hand over my cheek, he wasn't helping only making me turn more red. "Hey what's around to eat?" I ask, trying to get off topic.

"Taco Bell, that little pizza parlor, subway, a Dell Taco, there's a jack in the box." He stopped as my stomach growls at jack in the box. "I guess Jack-in-the-Box" I said, he nodded and drove out of the school. I don't notice someone was by the office, I couldn't make out the figure. We left before I could figure it out, driving down the rode for a good mile and 1/2 which was about 7 long ass streets. Small town is not so small, when everything is far away. We finally came up to the Jack and he parked.

"Will you go on a date with me right now?" He asked, I turn to him in fake surprise. "You Luke Summers, want to take me Connor McKnight on a date right now?" I ask sarcastically, he nodded like crazy making both of us laugh.

"So where are you going for our first date?" I ask, trying to act like it's not here. He looks over to me in a smirk, with an brow raised. "Why not here?" He said pointing inside. I fake gasp again.

"Wow I didn't expect you to take me to such expensive place like this." I say sarcastically excited. He chuckled getting out and rolling his eyes at me. I step out and we head inside.