Chapter 57: Challenge

Luke
I watch as Austin tore off his shirt, he was top of his class. If I was having a weak day he might be able to take me down. Justin and him are about the same, they fight with anger. That's why Dustin would make a better beta, he doesn't just jump into action.

"Ok begin." Uncle Jacob said, Austin charged him and threw a fist. Connor caught it, he tried to swipe his leg but he jumped and had him in an arm lock. "Are we done here?" Connor asked, Austin went crazy he kicked Connor back where he lost his grip on him.

He changed tackling down Connor in wolf form, I heard Connor grunted in pain and my wolf was ready to attack. Then I saw Connor push him off, like he was a leaf up into the air, he changed and tackled him as he came down. Connor was now on top of him ready to snap him.

"This ends now." Connor said, as he got off. Heading back to Jacob changing back, Austin ran out the class. No one followed him, they just stared at Connor in awe. No one in their class stood up to Austin, they made him their little king. Yet when we come in the room, he's the king of sucking up to everyone.

"Ok you can get the rest of the day off." Uncle Jacob said to the pack, they all left except for the instructors. "Connor. Mason I'd like to introduce you to Alyssa, Nick and Cody. They use to be rogues, they were close to death till the spirits chose them to become our elemental instructors." He said, for once Connor and Mason looked surprise, but nodded in understanding.

"Cody with the power of ice,( X men?) ❄️ Nick with fire (Sky high?)🔥
Alyssa with lighting (X men again :3)⚡️. They were holding back even though Nick was close to setting you on fire towards the end." He said with a laugh, Nick rubbed the back of his neck embarrassed.

"They each teach a different part in training. Alyssa gets the pup teaching them how to fight defensive and offensive. Cody teaches them how to do so in wolf form, it's more or less the same. Nick gets the hot heads that act tough, because they think they are quicker at learning. Boy were they wrong." He said, making Nick laugh. It sounded like a forced laugh, I didn't acknowledge it though.

"You will train them how to better their skills, Mason you will get Cody, Connor you will get Alyssa, Nick your on patrol, take Austin with you if you find him. Get his mind off the loss." Nick nodded, Mason went with Cody, Connor went with Alyssa, Dustin had the same feeling, our mates are with others making us want them back.

"Luke let's spar here." Dustin said, I nodded I needed to get my legs moving. We continue sparring till our legs become sore about 3 hours later.

It's night time and Connor, Mason, Cody and Alyssa are still at it. I'm struggling to catch my breath right now, while they keep at it like its nothing. Then I noticed a marking on Connors back, right above the collar of his suit.

"Connor." I called, he turn to me. Just to get swept up by his feet. "Rule One: never take your eye off you target." Alyssa said, then helped him up.

"What's up Luke?" He asked, coming over. I stood up, turned him around and pulled his collar down so I could see. "I don't know about you Luke, but people usually kiss from the front?" He asked, then put his butt out to me. He chuckled but the mark was gone.

"Connor there was a mark." I said, he turned to me and chuckled. "You mean this one?" He asked, raising his arm empty. Then the mark appeared on his command.

"I learned to control it with my wolf." He said, I nodded he then went back to continue fighting with Alyssa.

They showed them how their powers worked, giving an example with some test dummies. Alyssa zapped it making it explode to pieces, Nick burnt it and made it into pudding. While Cody froze it then made it shatter to little fragments.

"Is somebody getting jealous they don't have Connor's attention?" Dustin asked from my left, I didn't look but I knew he had a smirk. I saw Cody tackle Mason, and the best idea came into mind.

"Hey did I just see Cody wink at Mason?" I ask, he turned his smirk into a low growl looking at the two on the floor. "Like HELL he's winking at my man." He shouted, I don't think they heard, but it got their attention. Sudden realization hit of what Dustin just said, he was red all over his face. Everyone came over to check what's up, and who yelled.

"What happen?" Cody asked, I turn to Dustin who had his head down. "Nothing, I was just talking to Dustin. He was telling me this plan how he want to end up fu-" I was cut off, because I was tackled to the ground.

"Shut up Luke." Dustin growled through his teeth. I just laughed hysterically, I was given weird looks till I finally controlled my laughter.

'Love, ain't it a crazy thing' I call to Dustin and Connor. Connor chuckled after connecting the dots.

"Alright curfew is in 20, start heading back to your rooms. Twins you all follow me to the guest rooms." Nick said coming in, we nodded heading to our rooms.

Room are pretty easy to remember, left is leaders, alphas, and elders and some of the betas. Elders aren't called elder in public, so we say alpha to them. To the right is mainly trainees and the betas. To the end of that hall is the guest rooms, so Connor is going to be very far from me. I don't like it.