Chapter 52: Food

Luke
After pouring my tears into Connors arm, I finally had the courage to speak. I lifted my head slowly to meet his ear, making him shiver. "Let's tell my parents, about us." I said, he gasped pulling away. Looking into my eyes, he was in awe making me smile weakly at his adorable reaction. With that I fell asleep in Connor's arms, the dream wasn't consuming me I melted in his arms.

****

It was just me floating in a plain white room I couldn't tell the wall from the floor it was bright white. Every thing was looking the same in every direction, I turned to see a single mirror as it was on the floor. The only bit of color in this room was the red colored wood around the mirror. I float down slowly landing on my feet, walking over to the mirror. Expect it wasn't me I saw, it was Logan.

"Luke." He said, I blink my eyes in disbelief. "Logan?" I ask, he nods.

"Luke mom and dad are heading to Canada Sunday night to go to a meeting with the council." He said, how is he talking to me through a dream? Is this a dream? Is this some weird long distance mind link?

"Why are they going to the meeting?" I ask, he shrugged. "I don't know, but I heard they were going to interrogate two twin brothers." He said, Connor and Mason.

"Are you safe?" I ask, he nods. "I'm staying with Aunt Claire, you know she never dies right. Even if you try, she always comes back to pinch our cheeks." He said slightly laughing, making me chuckle.

"I think this is where our call ends." He said, I see a door to my right open. "I'll see you soon big bro." He said, as the lights in the room went out. The only light was pouring in front the door, it was blinding as it consumed me.

*****

I woke up, for the first time not sweating or gasping for breath. We had just come up to the school, I turn to Connor as he was asleep his head down on the window. I shook him softly, making him groan. "Wake up Connor." I said softly, he turned away from me. "Wake up or no sex." I said, he turned to me with wide eyes.

"You know I'm right here." Reggie said looking back at me. "And you are?" I ask sarcastically smiling, Connor laughed as Reggie shook his head rolling his eyes at me.

"Ok students were here, everybody up up up." Mr Parker said waking down the bus to us. "How did you four get here?" He asked Mason, Dustin, Natalie and William I forgot they were here for a second.

"Don't you remember me asking you if we could ride back with your class? After my mom dropped us off at her hotel?" Mason asked, Parker put his hand to his chin thinking. "No I don't think I recall." He said, looking at the others.

"Did you think I was Connor, that might be why." He said, Parked must have bought it because he walked off as students got off. Once we were off I stretched out, as if being crammed in a box for da- nah months.

"Luke I'll meet you at the house." Reggie said walking to his car. "I'll be over in a bit, just got to take these two home." I said, looking at Mason and Connor. Their mom must be worried sick not hearing from them.

"We can 'walk' home ourselves." Mason said, aka run home turning basically naked once they got home. "Id rather drive, besides we need to get some food too." Connor wasted no time taking our suitcases to my car.

"Hurry up I can smell Del Taco from here. ITS CALLING ME!" He yelled making us laugh as he popped the trunk open. Tossing out bags in the back, then going to the passenger side. Mason got in the back, Natalie and William got in the other side.

"So Natalie, William what's your guys' story of how you met these wonder twins." I said smiling in the rear view mirror earning a laugh from Natalie as William chuckled.

Connor punched me, not soft either. "Ow." I said, he turned away. I turned on my car for the first time in the last 48 hours.

I listened as the engine purred among music to my ears, I pull out the parking lot. Turning to the right from school heading for Del Taco.

"We were chosen to become their protectors." Natalie said, it was half way to Del Taco.

"I was given Mason, and William was given Connor. This was from a young age, we kept our space from each other just making sure they were safe." She said, I turn to my left pulling into the Del Taco with its light green and yellow neon lights shining very dimly.

I park the car, turning off the car. We all step out then head inside, for the first time I didn't feel on edge.

We were in our normal territory, which felt good knowing if trouble came. I knew we were covered. "Welcome to Del Taco how may I help you?" The lady asked, she looked young. She looked like she was 22 but had the feeling of a 34 year old.

"I'll get two orders of the fiesta pack." Connor said, I look to him with a smirk. He looked back to me, giving me a confused look. "What?" He asked, I just rolled my eyes.

"Is that all?" She asked, I looked to Connor. "I'll also take 2 no 3 orders of chili cheese fries, and 5 drinks please." He said, well someone is hungry.

"Ok that will be $28.63." She said, that's also why I like this place food is good and cheap. My two favorite things things to hear. Other than Connors voice.

We got our food sitting and eating in a peaceful silence, Connor being a animal ate 2 chili fries and 4 tacos. I was barely starting my third taco calm down.

"Connor, you might want to slow down." Mason said, it was Me, Connor and Natalie on one side of the table with Mason and William on the other. There was an old couple eating together.

"Why would I do that?" Connor asked before taking another big bite of his taco.

"Every heard of a food coma?" He asked raising a brow. "Yeah but I ain't going to get one. I've had more than this." Connor retorted back to Mason.

"Ok your funeral not mine." He said, making us laugh, get it twins? No? I'm stupid.

"So are you going to introduce us to your pack house Luke?" Mason asked me, I turn to him.

"Yes, my uncle is in charge of the pack house while my dad isn't here. He's more relaxed about news, I'll tell him you guys came to visit and Connor is my mate." I said, Mason smirked at Connor.

I turn to see him blush, making me chuckle at the sight. I grab my fork and pick some chili cheese fries putting near his mouth. He looks at it, then took it. He picked his head up then continued eating.

'Luke come to the house now.' I heard Dustin's voice.