Chapter 26: Mason

Connor
"What color did your eyes change to? Different colors mean different things.Red for speed, blue for strength, solid white for invisibility?" Luke asked super excited, I wish they were red and blue. He turned around to my mom and Mason hugging, I went closer and whispered into his ear. "Yellow." He turned to me with wide eyes and gasped. I immediately got worried as the heart monitor increased its beeping.

"What does yellow mean?" I ask, no longer in a whisper. I felt a stinging at my hand, I look down to see a mark appearing on the palm. "Connor it's not bad, I just need you to trust me." He said, I look into his eyes. His eyes flickered between both blues again. I hugged him and he returned it.

"Your going to be ok, just grip my hand when it stings. It will be fine, nothing is going to hurt us." He said, which only made me feel more worried. Then his heart monitor slowed down to its steady beat. I sigh relaxing myself, after another hour the doctor came in.

"Ok Ms. McKnight, you can sign here for Mason and he's good to go, his father is in the other room. It may take a week or two before he can leave. He has a few stitches in his head along with some on his right arm, taking the blow for Mason was very courageous of him. Mason is just going to come back in a week for a check up in case something happens within that time. Other than that I think we're done here." He said, he handed my mom the clipboard and she signed giving it back. "Thank you. Come on boys." She said motioning us to follow. I got up and helped Mason to the car, Luke on his other side just incase. We got in and headed home, Luke in front and me and Mason in the back. Mom turned on the radio just to break the silence.

"So Mason, I'm going to enroll you into Connor and Luke's school. Would you like me to ask if you can get some of their classes?" She asked, Mason looked to me then up front. "I really don't want to bother Connor, I don't mind being by myself." He said giving me a sad smile.

"No. Your my twin, I'm not passing up the opportunity to mess with people. Yes have my classes please?" I ask him, he smiles. I heard Luke laugh as well as my mom. "Alright then I'll call the school once we get home and set an appointment." She said, I look back out the window. The woods in the distance calling me to just run and roam around.

'Connor'

"Yes?" I ask back to who ever was calling me. "No one called you sweetie." My mom said, I tilt my head at Luke. I turn back outside, houses whizzing by as my mom came to our street.

'Connor'

"What?" I ask out loud looking back to all of them. Luke raises a brow looking at me, Mason has the same look. My mom looked through the rear view mirror, confused at me. Luke put his hand on my leg, which sent a shiver down my back. "You ok?" He ask, I slowly nodded. Luke took his hand back and looked forward as we turned into our driveway.

'Connor? Why don't you answer me?'

Everyone stepped out, I ignored the voice and followed them inside.

"Connor Mason is going to share a room, till I clean up that spare room. Show him around for a bit." My mom said, opening the door. We stepped inside, and I showed Mason to my room. Once going into my room, I fell back on my bed. Mason sat on the edge and Luke sat in my desk chair. "So Mason what do you like to do?" Luke asked, I turn to look at him. He was looking at Mason, he looked to me and shrugged his shoulders.

"I like to go running, biking, and sometimes swimming. Although I'm not very social with new people." He said, shrinking back into the bed. "Well guess what. Connor is the exact same." He said giving a big smile, I glare at him.

"No, I just don't like people. There's a difference." I said crossing my arms sticking my tongue out to him. He give me that 'really' look then laughed. "Ok whatever you say Connor." Luke said, crossing his arms raising a brow.

"So aren't you going to pack for tomorrow Luke?" I asked, his eyes widen. "We were out for the whole day? It's Thursday?" He asked, I nodded he ran downstairs then over to his house. I went to my window, I could see him open his door and pack his stuff into his football bag. "So are you two best friends?" Mason asked behind me, I turn to him as he looks over to see Luke. Luke stops then looks at both of us, then looking between us.

"If I didn't know what you wore today, this would have shocked me and confused me." Luke yelled from his window. I laughed then looked back to Mason. I think we both had the same idea. I closed the curtain and went to my dresser, Luke was blowing up my phone. I tossed him some of my clothes and changed in the restroom, while I change right there in my room. Once we were both done we went back to our spots, Luke was already done packing. We waited to he was back in my room, we switched places to see if he could tell the difference.