Chapter 22: What if?

Luke

Welp I just gave myself a little something to calm my nerves. Now that I know I've actually had a 'taste' of Connor. I think my wolf should stay satisfied for now. Damn he felt so good, tonight is going to be one hell of a tease for him. Although his blood tasted very unique, like it was this specialty to it or something. I just hope he can handle that ability with our blood now fused.

'Tell him'

I will with time I'll tell him. Abilities are random and are given to a wolfs mate, through the bite. Now other wolves will know he's mine, and he gets something out of it. Abilities may vary from telepathy to invisibility.

"Luke?" Connor said snapping my out of my thoughts. "Yeah?" I ask, I get off him pulling his pants back up. Giving his chest a little kiss, then grabbing my football jacket from my locker. I handed it to him, seeing as I literally ripped his shirt in half. Not bad wolf.

"Thanks, can we go home? I want to talk to you." He said, he rubbed the back of his head. He gave me a worried look, which didn't always mean good things. I nodded and put on a shirt, following him outside to my car. Connor had been pulling me like a dog on a leash, I didn't complain but he never lost his grip on my wrist. I bumped into someone then fell, as they literally spun us around so they would land on me. I heard a squeal, I groan as my back hit the ground, along with the other person landing on top of me. I open my eyes slowly to meet eyes with a girl. She had red hair to the elbows, and had hazel eyes.

"Hi." She said, I just look at her. "Hey." I said, she didn't look away from me. I heard a cough as I saw Connor standing by us waiting for me to get up.

"Sorry, I should have watched where I was going." She said getting up and dusting herself off. Connor put his arm out to help me out, I took it and he pulled me up. "Luke shower, picnic, running." Connor said, snapping me out of my stare to the girl. Where do I know her? I ran with Connor to my car and we got in.

"Her names Natalie." Connor said, I look to him. "What?" I ask, how does he know her?

"She's new." He said, I felt angry but why? "So home right?" I ask, trying not to talk about anybody other than us. "Yes." He said, I think he noticed I was tense.

We headed out of the student parking lot and to my house. I didn't feel like talking, because I felt I would say something stupid. I let the radio play music to calm me down. It helped, Connor grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. That really felt nice, it gave me that spark I only get with him.

Why does he want to talk? Does he want to ask about my eyes? Shit I forgot completely how he stared into my glowing eyes. I fucked up big time. I gripped his hand harder.

"Luke you ok?" He asked, giving that worried look again. I hate it on him, I'm only worried about him. "Yeah just thinking about something." I said, I really don't feel like talking about this.

I have to tell him though, he's going to get a ability within a few hours -(1-5)- of the marking. I have to tell him, he has to know the truth.

What if he hates me,

what if he doesn't want to see me anymore?

What if he doesn't accept me?

What if he leaves me? I can't lose him.

I pulled up my driveway and let the tears fall. Connor hugged my side cooing into my ear. It helped and cause a little more stress at the same time. I held onto him, held like I would never see him again. If I never see him again, I pull away. I forced myself to stop crying to just mesmerize his face. The amazing blue/green eyes, his messy hair, that smile I can't live without, the jacket I gave him was cover with tears.

"Let's talk inside." I said, I open my door and step out. I sigh a breath mentally readying myself. I walk up the steps and open the door with Connor right behind me. I close the door and lead him to my room, I remember when we would have sleep overs. I sometimes fake fell asleep, to just watch him sleep. He was always as peaceful, which still makes me happy. I drop on my bed as if all problems leave when I collapse on it. Soon the bed dipped and Connor was laying next to me.

This is going to be hard.