34 » shirley

Incoming Call
Jackson <3
7 : 09 pm

- - - - -

"Hello?"

"You don't sound like Saturn."

"What the heck are you talking about? Of course, I'm not Saturn, dumbass."

"If you're not Saturn, who are you? What are you doing with her phone?!"

"I'm Shirley Salamander, Saturn's sister. Well, twin sister, fraternal exactly. Anyway, if you're here to bother her, you should fuck off."

"Does having a bratty attitude runs in your family? Remember, manners maketh man."

"Are you trying to insult my ancestry? Look, I know you're popular in school and all but I don't know what your deal is with Saturn."

"She hasn't mention a single thing about me to you?"

"Well, yes."

"You're kidding, right?"

"Not even a bit. But I do know that the two of you have been talking to each other for the past month through phone calls, that is."

"Do you know how she feels about it?"

"What do you mean?"

"N-nothing..."

"Okay..."

"Er, where is she? Why did you answer the call and not her?"

"I'm in the hospital right now. Saturn's anemia turned worse than before."

"What the f─"

"I know."

"How is she?"

"Not good but she's resting."

"It's just really shocking."

"She hasn't told anything about having anemia to you before?"

"She did but I thought she was doing well."

"This was one of the reasons she felt the sudden urge to cancel your little meet-up. She was feeling dizzy and nauseous. I had to take her here."

"Oh..."

"You know, she's been crying a lot, Jackson."

"What? Why?!"

"The fucking drugs aren't helping. Her skin is paler than usual and the fact that she's..."

"She's?"

"I think she should be the one who should tell you that."

"..."

"And, Jackson?"

"Yes?"

"Would you like to visit Saturn?"

"I'd love to."

"I'll tell her you'll be coming as soon as she wakes up."

"Nice meeting you, Shirley."

"Same to you, Jackson."

- - - - -

Call Ended
7 : 13 pm

***

dedicated to jake for the continuous support you give me everytime i update. thank you!

a/n: shirley is saturn's twin sister and probably a relatable character to all of us at the upcoming chaps. i promise.

p.s in the original version of this story, saturn unintentionally told jackson that her name was shirley, resulting into a twin confusion. but in this version, shirley is just a supporting character for less confusion, i guess. just wanna clear that up for the old and new readers c: