38 » shitty and apologetic

note:
bold = Jackson Hamilton
underlined = Avalon Thatcher

(#Javalon jk)

School Hallway
3 : 59 pm

- - - - -

"J-jackson..."

"Avalon? W-what do you want?"

"I just came here to say sorry."

"Sorry for what?"

"I know that I've been quite a bitch─"

"Finally, she realised the obvious fact."

"─and it's been awhile since we've talked."

"I know that and I don't care. I was the one who broke up with you the last time, right?"

"Yes and there's this planet-named girl, right?"

"Saturn. Her name is Saturn and she's not just some planet-named girl."

"Jackson, I'm really happy that you met her and actually found the love you deserve."

"Because I didn't deserve yours?"

"Because I didn't deserve yours. I wasn't true to you and I made the mistake of being unfaithful to such a kind and loving guy like you."

"Are you just acting shitty and apologetic because you pity me?"

"Maybe? I don't know. But what I do know is that Saturn has cancer."

"How did you─"

"It's all around campus and I made quite good friends with her twin."

"DAMN SHIRLEY AND HER SALAMANDER-NESS."

"Oh my God. Calm down, Jack."

"Okay, I'm fine. But so what if she has cancer? It's not that a big of a struggle."

"You're lying. I can see in your eyes that you're afraid to lose her."

"Of course, I'm afraid to lose her! She's my everything, my whole world─ literally because Saturn is a planet and all."

"..."

"Anyways, I don't know what to do now. I don't want to be hopeless. I don't also want to be pessimistic about the current situation."

"Hey, here's the only thing I'm going to tell you. While you're at it, if you really like─ love her, make every second you spend with her worth a billion lifetimes."

"Whoa, thank you. Seriously though, thank you, Avalon."

"No problem. I'm glad I can help since that's what I wanted after apologizing."

"Dude, thanks once more. And, don't you worry, you'll also find someone who'll love you truly. Not because they want to screw you or stare at your ass like most guys you cheated me with."

"Too harsh, Hamilton."

"Apology accepted."

"Whatever, see you soon. Plus, tell Saturn I wish her to get well soon."

"Will do! Bye-bye."

"Bye!"

***

dedicated to parvathi for the support you gave me all throughout this book ♡

a/n: i wanted to show who avalon truly is. on the original, she's super bitchy but i made her quite sweet here at the rewritten version bc i realised i kinda stereotyped her + i wanted less fights between my characters.

can't this world have peace and just be friends w everybody?