35 » finally see you

Fizzledbomb Hospital
7 : 35 pm

- - - - -

It wasn't long until I reached the hospital. I hurried into the nurse's counter. She told me that Saturn's room was on the fifth floor, 504. Once I've thanked her and left her a weak grin, I rushed to the elevator.

I was accompanied with an old man as the tiny room went up. The plaid vest and brown slacks he was wearing reminded me of Mr. Fredricksen from Up.

He looked at me with his grey eyes glistening under his glasses and said, "Are you visiting someone?"

"Yes," I replied.

"She's a girl, huh?" He teased, seeing the bouquet of flowers and box of chocolate I was holding.

"Is it too obvious, Grandpa?" I teased back whilst the both of us chuckling.

"Count me in if you're visiting Karen," He winked at me playfully. I was dumbfounded if he actually meant something or he was just joking again.

I just smiled politely and went along with it, "Will do."

Soon enough, the elevator stopped at the fourth floor. It was his destination.

Before he left, he managed to utter something, "Your love for Karen will last forever. But sometimes, some love will end earlier than you thought it would be. So you gotta make the best of it, boyo!"

"Okay..." I said, weirded out at his comment before his departure, still not knowing who Karen is.

Next stop, the fifth floor. I felt my hand somehow vulnerable while carrying the gifts I had in store for dearest Grasshopper.

I hastily knocked at the door with Shirley opening it.

"Come in," she welcomed with a soft smile on her lips.

"I bought some flowers and chocolate... With nuts, I may add," I told her, with a snicker ending it.

Although, her cherry lips twitched into a frown, "Thank you for your effort but, she's allergic to nuts and tulips."

"Oh."

"I guess you don't really know her that much, huh?"

"We never really shared... She was just going to help me ask Avalon out and─"

"You fell for her."

"You got it damn right."

"It's just sad to see Saturn dying."

My chocolate brown irises averted from Shirley and shifted to see a concurrently sleeping Saturn. Her eyes that resembled the morning sky was opening gently.

"Look! She's waking up," Shirley said in delight.

"Okay, okay... how do I look? Is my hair funny? Is my height to awkward for my face?" I questioned her, beginning to brush off some virtual dust of my jeans and running a hand up my brunette hair. I never thought this is going to happen.