37 » karen

Fizzledbomb Hospital
6 : 56 am

- - - - -

"Er, Sats?"

"Yes?"

"Do you know a certain Karen?"

"If that's that sweet old man's ex-girlfriend, then yep."

"Vest and bow tie?"

"Exactly."

"What about Karen?"

"Karen Holtzmann was his girlfriend that died like over sixty years ago. They said cancer took her, I don't know which one though. But ever since then, he cried, turned the slightest insane..."

"..."

"...and locked in this hospital's stabilization unit. I talked to him once and told me that they were each other's first and last love. He used to play football back in the ages, the quarterback if I may add."

"How about Karen?"

"Karen... she was just the girl sitting on the bleachers. Until they met because he sent a love letter for another girl to her mistakenly and that's when it all practically started."

"When did it finish?"

"About four months after they met, Karen got cancer and everything was cut into a sudden end."

"That's so sad. Um, did he even move on or find another love?"

"Unfortunately, he didn't. He went crazy just because he couldn't let go the impact Karen has left him."

"Whoa. Love is absolutely a powerful and controlling feeling, huh?"

"Yep, so don't let it get it to you too much. It may turn into madness."

"But I bet you're already crazy about me."

"Oh, I would never!"

"DAMN. Why do you still look so pretty sitting on that chair?"

"Shush, Jackass! Obviously, you're lying your ass off right now."

"Oh, I would never!"

"You, mocking me, is so effin' cute in real life."

"Now, you're making me blush, dear Michael the planet."

"Aww. I feel honoured that I made you blush. But anyway, what are you still doing here? You still have school today."

"I'd rather take care of you than waste my time in hell ─I mean─ school and we were just starting another cute conversation so don't mess it all up."

"OH MY GOD. I'M LIKE WATCHING A REAL LIFE ROMANTIC COMEDY FILM. YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE."

"Shirley?"

"How long have you been up?"

"Oh you know, since everything started."

"Are you going to school today?"

"I'm staying."

"No, you're not."

"Who would take care of you?"

"Duh? The doctors and nurses will."

"I'm not leaving you alone, Saturn."

"I don't mean to interrupt your twin-to-twin conversation but where are your parents? Shouldn't they be here?"

"Um, Jackass... w-we're orphans."

"Our parents died years ago."

"Long story short, we live in an orphanage but we've already reached our teens without getting adopted so we're not the orphanage's main priority anymore."

"It's just the two of you?"

"Pretty much."

"Oh... I'm sorry, you guys."

"It's okay. That's just life."

"This means the two of you, my favorite people in the entire world, should go to school and enjoy the wonderful life ahead of you."

"How about you? Don't you want to join that wonderful life?"

"Nah. I'm good with free hospital wifi and a lovely set of the Percy Jackson series."

"Okay then... B-bye."

***

dedicated to vi bc your comments and undying support gives me life. thank you, love!! ♡