Jade Takes The Stage!

Welcome back poke-fans! Hope you enjoy the return of Rise of a Champion!

Campherier Town was full of activity. Children were playing in the street. Everybody was out and about, happily going about their daily routines. The only person not taking advantage of the beautiful day was, who else? Toby. Instead of enjoying the weather, Toby was training at the pokemon center's Indoor battlefield. "Once more! Flamethrower!" Blaze let off the biggest stream of flames he could muster. Aiming carefully, Blaze shot at the targets across the room. All three targets were burned to cinders. "Nice one." Toby said. Blaze spun around and high-fived him. "Are you done yet?" said a familiar voice. "Its been four hours. At least take a break?" Toby turned around to see Jade, still holding her egg like it was a baby. Her black hair was put up in a pony tail. Her purple eyes gleamed in the sun coming through the skylight. "Only four? I was going for six. Gotta be ready for Grant. You packed up to leave for Cyllage City?" Jade grabbed Toby's arm before he could walk out of the room. "Well...I ran into Diana while I was in town. There's gonna be a contest here in a few days...Can we stay?" Toby sighed. "I guess. What kind of performance are you gonna do?" Jade smirked. "Well...Its a surprise. But I can tell you I need blaze for it!" Blaze looked at Jade surprised. Battling was more of his speed. Not contests. Toby looked just as surprised. "You wanna use Blaze....in a contest? uhh...are you sure that's a good idea? He doesn't usually listen to you..."

"Pleeeeeeeaaasssseee...."Jade begged. Toby couldn't resist. She looked so pathetic with her puppy dog eyes. "Fine. As long as you think you can handle him." He walked over to Blaze "You better not show her our two trump cards for Grant." He said with a wink. "Return." Toby returned Blaze to his pokeball and handed it to Jade. "Just remember to bring him back." Jade hugged Toby tight, "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!" Toby blushed bright red. Jade ran out of the room. Toby grabbed his things and went back to the center room.

3 days later

"Ladies and Gentleman! So far this dual pokemon Contest has gone off with a bang!" Diana said over the Loudspeaker. "Kudos to all of our competitors so far! Time for the final performance before the battle rounds are decided! Last but not least! It's Jade!" Jade entered the stadium in her beautiful green dress. "Time to put on a show! Flare! Blaze! The stage is yours! Flare and Blaze erupted out of their pokeballs with a flash of light. "And Jade is going with her charmeleon and braxien! A fiery duo indeed!" Diana announced. Jade looked over at Toby in the front row. He gave her a thumbs up for good luck. She smiled. "Blaze use flamethrower like we practiced!" Blaze let out a breath of fire into the sky, illuminating the room. "Keep it going blaze! Flare use psychic!" Flare pointed her stick at the flames and used psychic. The fire spread out from the main column and danced across the room. Flare redirected them to travel across the arena floor. The audience watched in awe as the the flames spread out more and more and made a design on the floor. The crowd roared. The flames made a design of a giant charmeleon. "Now bring them up into the air!" Flare lifted her wand and the flames shot back into the air and formed a ball. Blaze stopped dispensing flames and jumped into the air. "Blaze! Dive in!" Blaze jumped into fire ball and sucked in the flames. With a cloud of dust, He landed on the ground. The audience could not help their excitement. Cheering and screaming filled the room. Jade,Flare and Blaze gave a bow and left the stage. "Just wonderful! Thank you Jade for such a wonderful performance! Our judges have chosen the eight competitors for our battle rounds!" the big screen on the back wall turned on and showed off the eight battlers. Jade came in first for the appeal rounds! But second place surprised Toby and Jade both. Darian. "Its him again..." Jade flashed back to her first contest and the first round battle with Darian. "He was tough...but I have blaze...and he isnt even in my block. Only chance we have to battle is in the final round." Jade went to the training room to prep for battle. Toby sat in his seat waiting for heated battles to unfold.