The Growing Rivalry

Jade (Kalos)

Jade (Kalos)

Jade eyed Darian angrily. He followed them. She was positive. Darian must be mad about losing the last contest and tailed her and Toby for a rematch. She wanted to punch him square in his face. How could he just sit there and polish his pokeballs all smug like that? "You think he has a secret weapon in store for the battle rounds?" she said to Toby, who was getting Blaze ready for battle. "He isn't causing us any trouble. Leave him be." he said. Jade went back to grooming Flare. The minutes ticked by. Finally, Diana came over the loud speaker. "Patrick and Jade your up first in block A! Darian and Andrew Gear up for Block B!" Toby tossed Jade a pokeball. After a hug, he walked back to the stadium. "Good luck." he said.

"I thought hugs made you uncomfortable?"

"I guess they're growing on me..."

The crowd roared as Jade and her opponent walked to the battlefield. "The rules are simple folks!" Diana announced. "A double battle! Each Pokemon's Health is displayed on the screen. The battle will be over once one pokemon is unable to battle. The trainer with both pokemon still standing on their side wins!" Jade smirked. She threw two pokeballs into the air. Blaze and Flare emerged and spit fire into the air. Patrick threw his pokeballs into the air. "Croconaw! Octillery! Your turn!"  Two water pokemon landed on the ground gracefully and squirted water into the air. "Oh Please!" Patrick said, "This will be a piece of cake! Water extinguishes fire!" Jade stared blankly into Patrick's eyes. "Not if the fire burns hot enough....water evaporates into steam!" She raised her hand and pointed at croconaw. "Show them what I mean! Flare! Blaze! Double Flamethrower!" The dimmed room lit up brightly as two streams of fire combined into one. The inside of Flare and Blaze's mouths were bright orange. The flames dissipated and revealed Octillery on the ground fainted. "Amazing!" Diana said "What power! Jade blew her competition away before the timer even started!" The crowd roared as Jade walked off of the stage. 

One round after another, Jade blew past. The final round came sooner than everyone had thought.  B block was still in their deciding round. Jade watched nervously at the T.V. screen. Toby watched while standing behind her. It was the closest to slaughter that pokemon battles have ever been. Darian had made it to the deciding round. Jade couldn't tell, but Toby knew. Darian was playing with his opponent. He could have ended it already. "Oh my god...." Jade muttered. "This is horrible..."

On stage Darian Smirked. "I grow tired of waiting around to see what you can do. I have an appointment with revenge. I must go take it."  Darian's Aggron ended the battle in one fowl swoop, knocking out both opposing pokemon. "In a....Unique battle, Darian takes the victory!" Diana said. 

Darian walked back into the locker room to find everyone gone but Toby and Jade. "What do you want?" he asked bluntly.  Jade stood up and looked at him in the eyes. "You're going down for what I saw you do out there."  Toby butted in. "Easy..." 

Darian bursted into laughter. "YOU? PLEASE! what are you gonna do? use your boyfriend's charmeleon on me? You got lucky back in Santalune. I can guarantee that won't happen again." 

Jade smirked. "I'll have you know this charmeleon could run circles around that brute Aggron of yours......AND HES NOT MY BOYFRIEND!" Toby ruffled Jade's hair. "Don't let him get under your skin. he trying to get you worked up before you even battle."  Darian laughed once more. "Smart kid." He exited the room mumbling to himself. Jade turned to Toby.  "You get more and more sure of yourself everyday since you defeated Viola...." Toby chuckled and ruffled her hair again. 

"Get ready. The final round starts in 5 minutes." 

"Toby...Wait..."

"What is it?"

"Can I have a hug for good luck?"

".....Fine..."

The Stadium was filled with activity. Diana stepped up to the stage after what seemed like hours. "Ladies and gentlemen! The following round is the final round in our  Campherier contest! Winner takes home a Ribbon!" The crowd roared with excitement.  It seemed like the whole stadium was divided. Half of the audience was cheering Jade's name. The other half was chanting for Darian. "The rules are simple!  Once you choose your two pokemon, you must stick with them for the entire round! Both pokemon must be unable to battle for one side to win! No switch-ups! Here come our finalists now!" Jade and Darian took the stage and faced each other. each held pokeballs in two hands. "Begin when you are ready." 

Jade reacted first and threw her pokeballs into the air. "Flare! Blaze! you know what to do!" 

Darian reacted before Jade finished talking "Aggron! Empoleon! Crush this beginner!"

They eyed each other angrily. Toby sat in the stands looking down at the stage. "Remember what I told you..." He said to himself as he watched Jade closely. 

Hi! so sorry! I had some writers block! The next chapter will be out soon! Hopefully sooner than this one. See you soon!