Chapter 4 An Awkward Kind of Greeting

As Toby walked through the dense,dark  Santalune forest , he thought of when he was going to challenge his first gym and  how much he needed to train. As he was walking he noticed that blaze had popped out of his pokeball. Blaze was especially interested in all the trees and wild pokemon that were around.  Toby  was amazed in every way, he couldnt believe that him and blaze were actually partners! Toby was so busy watching blaze that he almost didnt notice a flamethrower coming right at him! he ducked and fell to the ground hard. When he got up,he looked at blaze. ''Blaze aim into that grottoe and use ember quick!'' Blaze immediatley obeyed by shooting a powerful ember into the exact spot where the flamethrower came from.  As the ember dissappered into darkness a fennekin jumped out of hiding, looked at blaze and growled. Toby thought he was getting pulled into a battle just as he heard a girls voice firmly say ''Flare stop!''  Right after, a girl about Toby's age walked out of the shadows. She was wearing a green tee shirt with greenish jeans, her long hair was let down and went a quarter ways down her back. "Sorry, Flare can be a bit over protective. Anyway my name is Jade whats yours?" Toby was a bit surprised by how fast the situation changed from a battle to a greeting and was silent for a second and then awkwardly said "uhhh im Toby...."  ''Oh nice to meet you Toby! You look like  a trainer that would be going fo gym battles."   Toby almost fell over. He was shocked that Jade knew What he was competing for!  "im going for Pokemon contests! Well enough introduction im training for the santalune city pokemon contest and i need to battle with someone so i can get the feel of the contest battles. Anyway wanna battle?  Toby was very confused it was a battle now? when Toby realized that it was his first battle, all the confusion was put behind him and he finally spoke up. "You're on! im gonna win my first battle easy!" 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------What do you think about this chapter? let me know!  i would also like to thank LeliUmbreon for allowing me to use her character Jade and if you want me to change anything about her just let me know!