eight: the new girl is here

orion's pov:

4:00pm

i had like five hours before grayson would be here to come get me. maybe i can finally get around to drawing for some time. no. maybe i should actually ask my mum.

good idea orion.

i walk to her room and sat on her bed.

"how was the mall?" she asked, muting the television which was showing dr.phil.

"it was fun. glad i could hang out with them and get to know them more."

"was the boy there?" my mum asked. she'd been stuck on him since yesterday.

"mum no!" bloody hell why does everyone keep asking about him. she's definently gonna be annoying when she finds out about my ride to the party.

"ok ok! well, i'm glad you're making friends and socializing." a big smile came onto her face.

"speaking of socializing..." i trail off.

"yeah?" she looks excited. why. probably thinks it's a date.

we talk about it and she's letting me go!! i'm so excited. i'm about to walk out of the room when she stops me.

"wait orion" her hand motioning me back over to the bed. i sit back down. "do you need me to take you?" she asked. oh boy.

"oh no, but thank you. i have a ride already."

"oh really? who is it?" she knew exactly who it was.

"my friend, grayson." i say quickly.

"is that the same boy from the other day?" she asked, smirking. god mum. i huff.

"yes mum." i roll my eyes at the sight of her clapping and smiling.

"oh yay. he's very handsome. and you two look like you enjoy each other. very much." she folds her hands in her lap and give me a look.

nope. this had been discussed and thought about enough today. no more.

"well. i'll be in my room."

-

it was now like 8:30

fuck i lost track of time. haven't even picked my outfit yet.

i take a quick shower since i took one earlier today. when i get out i take off my shower cap and just put my hair in a ponytail until i get to that.

it took me like 15 minutes but i eventually came up with an outfit. fuck i had 15 minutes until grayson got here.

my outifit was just black high waisted ripped skinny jeans with a black cold shoulder crop top. i added my faves, my rihanna creepers. black with blue soles. beautiful.

after applying simple makeup, i was about to touch up my hair when i heard the doorbell.

oh no. my mom is gonna talk to him. i have to hurry. i quickly put my hair half in a bun and half down. i grab my bag, run downstairs and i don't see anyone.

i hear voices down the hall. i go into the kitchen to see grayson and my mum socializing. oh man.

"this was so hard to find but we got it!" she said, smiling, pointing at the painting on the wall. she loved telling that story.

"oh hey guys..." they finally noticed me.

"hey" grayson said, looking me up and down. okay little one.

"oh hey orion i was just telling grayson the painting story."

"yeah i see mum okay we gotta go bye" i pull grayson towards the door.