Chapter NINE

Bobbi Grace hasn't gone out and had fun in a while, so she plans a good weekend with Jamelia and her boyfriend. Needs to let loose and laugh more after the week she had. On Saturday she meets up with Jamelia at Rock Steady to play a few games of pool and bowling, but they had to be checked for drinks as it was Bring Your Own Beer night for bowling. They only played one game before things turned chaotic with drunk people throwing heavy bowling balls. They stick to playing pool and chatting.

Taking her shot, Jamelia tells Bobbi the latest about Juvante. Says ever since hearing about him and Eve, she lost respect for him and was disappointed about it. Her feelings vanished, and she says she doesn't think she'll go on another date until college.

'The boys in school are just that: boys. I feel like I'm ready for dating a man.' Her shoulders back, she lifts her chin high and smiles lopsidedly. Confidence radiates from her.

'You mean like that guy over there.' Bobbi nudges her head for Jamelia to look behind her.

It's a man in his forties who has a tattoo on his upper arm and he rocks a full beard. He burps very loudly, holding his drink and he watching his friend run with the bowling ball down the alley.

Jamelia ducks her head and scurries around the pool table to Bobbi, snickering.

'Not an actual older guy, someone close to our age!' she hisses in her ear.

Bobbi lets out a belly-laugh, her laugh blending in the background to the arcade game noises.

Jamelia playfully hits her arm. 'Go on, it's your go.'

Walking around to the other side of the pool table, she grins, grateful for having a crazy friend like Jamelia.

The next night Bobbi goes on her date with Nicholas. The date he wanted to take her on when he swung by the flower shop and saw her bracelet was gone.

Bobbi stands on top of a hill in amazement, a smile stuck on her face. He sure knows how to make things up to her. It's dark out, stars in the sky, and Bobbi looks at everything laid out on the grass: a red blanket, basket, candles and flowers. Nick takes her hand and leads her to the picnic and they sit. Still overwhelmed by his surprise, she admires the view in front of her. Looks down at the aligned houses; some windows alight from the rooms being used inside. The street lights shine too, the town sparkling by it all.

Nicholas smiles at Bobbi, pleased with himself that she loves his gift. Finally, she tears her eyes away from the scenery and at him. Her heart flutters in her chest seeing his cute dimples. She's incredibly attracted to him at the moment as he wears a buttoned up shirt, really showing his built shoulders. His smile just does something to her that she can't describe. It's ineffable. She places her hands on his cheeks and kisses him lovingly. Loves the warm feeling in her stomach, the sensation, the touch of his lips, and the way he holds her. She can't break away, her lips needing his.

After talking about their day, just a couple of minutes after dinner, Nick reaches inside the picnic basket and pulls out a flat red velvet jewellery box. 

Bobbi's heart is racing so fast and hard, it might burst out her chest. Can't help but be emotional over it, tears brimming in her eyes. Agape, she tries to speak but finds herself speechless.

'This is your surprise.' He wears a sheepish smile as he opens the box, revealing a necklace: a flat, golden circle pendant with a small silver diamond aligned on the upper right side of it. Takes it out and puts it around Bobbi's neck.

The touch of his hand gracing her neck creates tingling sensations coursing through her body. When he hooks it on, he kisses her neck, reaches his head over her shoulder and kisses her cheek.