Chapter TWENTY ONE

As she combs her hair over her shoulder to create a side braid, Bobbi thinks over the plans for today: go to school, hand in two assignments, go home, do her reading assignment and chores, work on the flower shop, and go back home to do homework. Takes a deep breath, preparing herself for another big day. Rubs her eyes, tired as she hasn't gotten a goodnight's sleep. Didn't have good hours as she had a wild dream of her mom last night and couldn't sleep since, her mind distracted by the dream.

~
Olivia, still looking so young and stunning, lets Bobbi Grace out of their hug. She was holding her for such a long time. 'I love you, baby doll, no matter what. I'm very proud of you.' She smiles as she plays with her daughter's hair.

'That's all I ever wanted,' says Bobbi.

Their surrounding is dark. Pitch black. Nothing but darkness and Bobbi with her mother. Except, in the distance, over Bobbi's shoulder, is a white-yellow glowing area.

'Take care of your father for me, doll. And don't be afraid to let people come in and out of your life, even the ones you don't get along with. Remember this, the things people do for you is out of protection,' Olivia advises Bobbi with her gentle voice, running her hand through her daughter's long hair.

Bobbi knits her eyebrows together in confusion. 'What do you mean?'

Olivia looks over Bobbi's shoulder and back into the hazel eyes in front of her. Cups her daughter's face and she says, 'I have to go. I love you.' With that, she kisses Bobbi's cheek -which tingles- and walks around her to the glowing blob.

Bobbi wants to chase after her but she's stuck in her spot. Her feet can't move, paralysed. She can't stand there and watch her mother leave! Now that she has her, she doesn't want to let her go.

'Wait! Mommy come back! Mom!' she cries out to her. Sadly, Olivia disappears in the glow.

'Mom!' she shouts after her, her hands reaching out.

Bobbi's eyes shot open and she immediately sat up in bed. 'Oh my Gosh!' she screamed. Tears rolled down her cheeks – the cheek Olivia kissed, the tingling sensation still there. A strong tug was at her heart and she caught her breath. She put a hand on her racing heart. Was it all a dream? Had she just dreamt of her mother? Her lips were parted, her breathing very heavy. 'Mom,' she whispered.

Clashing noises were made outside her bedroom. It stopped when Lucas burst into her room, his hair dishevelled and he wore a white vest and pyjama bottoms. A baseball bat in hand, he searched her room for an intruder, as he said frantically, 'Doll! Doll! Are you okay? I heard you screaming!' Sat on her bed when he saw no one there, his arms wrapped around her. 'Are you okay?'

She couldn't speak – she lost her voice. She just dreamt of her mother. Dreamt of her before but this one was different. Usually her dreams would be of her mom taking her to play school, getting her dressed, little things. Was Olivia trying to tell her something? Her hands still on her chest, tears blurred her vision. She squeezed her eyes shut before small dashed yellow lights caught her sight from the corner of her eye: her alarm clock read four thirty-five a.m.

'Doll, please tell me you're alright? Did you have a bad dream?' Lucas urged, looked in her eyes for answers, genuinely worried about her. Her screaming was loud enough to wake the neighbours.

'No!' she exclaimed instantaneously. Olivia was no nightmare. But to dream of her? Yes, she had these little dreams of her before, but to have some connection, some sign, a conversation with her was incredible. It actually amazed Bobbi. She talked to her mother... And not when she was four or younger, but in this time, at seventeen years old.