20: Am I that drunk?

Chapter 20: Am I that drunk?

"So you dropped Audrey at Gary's house?" Sophie asked steering the car to the left.

"Yep"

"And you are not worried at all? Like you always are"

"Nope I trust Gary."Besides Audrey loves Jeremy, Gary's younger brother.

"How are you doing now after the Casey thing?" she asked with concern in her voice.

I heaved out a small sigh. I was kind of waiting for her to ask me that. "For some weird reason I felt relieved after doing that- but a little part of me is guilty. I mean- Come on she was my best friend".

"Oh Grace you are still too nice to everyone- she deserved it. You are not supposed to go after your best friend's boyfriends- That's the one thing you can't do".

"You are right", I agreed.

"But we are not talking about her today- I want you to enjoy tonight " Sophie said. She was right I needed to unwind after all the drama in my life.

We stopped in front of Blue Lights Night club. It was a small club downtown which was a good 10 blocks away from our college.

Sophie got out of the car and took out her phone from her clutch and dialed Nick's number. She was dressed in a one-shoulder shimmery dress which reached just above her thighs paired with black heels. She curled the ends of her hair and pinned it to the side which complimented her dark outfit. She looked stunning.

"Okay we will meet you there", she finished her phone call with Nick. Sophie parked her car at the back of the club so we had to walk to the front where people stood in a line as the bouncer checked out their IDs. Nick was standing in the line waving at us.

I took my ID out from my bag and stood behind Sophie who was talking to Nick.

Nick looked different without his work outfit. He was dressed in a white shirt and faded jeans. His jet black hair was styled to the side with gel.

"Sophie babe you look hot", he complimented checking Sophie out.

"You don't look so bad yourself ", Sophie blushed. I should have guessed- I felt like an awkward third wheel.

"Grace you look great too", Nick smiled at me.

I nodded a thank you towards him and then it was our turn to show our IDs to the bouncer. Before that Sophie handed something to me. They were fake IDs.

"Nick got these for us so that we can get our hands on the drinks. Told you he was useful" , Sophie smirked.

"Elton Ava Presley", I read the name of my ID card. "Why do I sound like the lovechild of Elvis Presley and Elton John?"

Sophie chucked. "At least we get to get drunk".

"Touche", I agreed. We crossed the bouncers without any effort as the IDs looked very much real. I wonder where they got my photo.

As if reading my mind, Sophie said "And no Nick isn't some creepy stalker he got your photo from your employee form in Aloha"

That does make sense.

Nick reserved a few seats for us in front of the bar. We decided to drink something before hitting the dance floor. Drake was blasting through the speakers and neon blue lights was all over the place. The place was small- the dance floor was just a few feet away from the bar so we had to go through the sweaty bodies in order to reach the bar.

We ordered some vodka. Sophie drowned the four shots in one go while I took three. We decided to hit the dance floor without Nick as he was busy with his own friends. As far as Sophie told me Nick went to this local college in the suburbs and he was taking a semester break so he was working at his brother's bar to spend some time and earn a few bucks.

We danced till our feet started to hurt and then I decided to sit for a while Sophie went to find Nick. I ordered myself some vodka shots and gulped it down. I don't know why but this felt good. This was somehow calming my nerves down. I was so tired of everything- for one night I want to forget everything.

"Wow you should slow down on your shots", someone beside me commented. I turned around to see a this guy sitting beside me on a stool. His dirty blonde hair reached his shoulders and he was clad in a blue t-shirt and ripped jeans. He was definitely cute but not my type.

"Excuse me?"

"You shouldn't drink so much", he stated.

"And why do you care?" I asked offended.

"I am just worried about this beautiful stranger in front of me. Is that a crime?"

I smiled totally flattered by his comment. Yeah spare me- I am a normal human being who is flattered by such compliments and is maybe a little drunk too.

"Hi I am Mark", he stretched his arms for a handshake.

I was about to offer my hand when I looked up into his brown eyes and something about him was off. My instincts told me to run.

"I need to use the washroom. Nice meeting you Mark." I brushed him off and started making my way to the other side of the dance floor.

The music was blasting as I reached the washroom door, unlike most club bathrooms this was a separate stall with a sink. I was about to enter when I felt someone take my hand in a strong grip. Looking back I expected Casey but it was Mark flashing me a drunken grin. I opened my mouth to scream when he pinned me against door and put a hand over my mouth. We were in a corridor and everyone was busy dancing.

"I plan to never let go of this hand. Ever.", he smirked tightening his grip on my hand. I prayed Nick, Sophie or anyone would walk in.

I felt weak then as the alcohol had left my reflexes in a mess.

He bought his lips closer to my ears and whispered, "Let's go home together". His breathe reeked of alcohol and it wasn't pleasant.

"Your place or mine", his hands trailed down my waist to my hips. I shuddered at his touch. This doesn't look good and I was feeling that drunk to do anything.

I looked around the corridor and something caught my eye. Mark followed my eyes and looked back.

"There is no one here sugar. Just us."

Before he could turn back my purse hit him square in the face by an invisible force. It was a hard impact and now he was moaning in pain clutching his nose with both of his hands.

"What was that?" he looked around trying to find the source of the hit.

I quickly retreated from the dingy corridor not before taking my purse which was lying on the floor.

I exited the club in desperate need of fresh air. I started giggling as Max came around.

"Did.. you.. see... that.. guy? He.. was...totally.. clueless", I said between my giggling.

"It's not funny! You could have gotten yourself into big trouble if it wasn't for me", he bellowed angrily.

"Hahahah Casper is grumpyyy". Sophie is right getting drunk is awesome. I shouldn't be so uptight all the time- it's good to let go of your worries sometimes.

"Don't call me Casper ever again. How many times do I have to clarify it? Its-", before he could say more I wrapped my arms around him. All grumpy people deserve a hug.

I looked up at him, his green eyes were wide in shock. They looked like emeralds, actually no, much more mesmerizing and beautiful than that. "Thank you Max", I gave him a genuine smile.

I thought hugging a ghost will be weird. I assumed it would be like hugging thin air but no. It felt normal except nothing radiated from his body- no warmth or anything. I could feel the bulge of his muscles under my arms. He had an amazing body judging from the amount of times I have seen him half naked. Mostly, I felt secure under his arms. For a time I actually saw myself getting into danger but fortunately Max came in time to rescue me.

Jesus, am I that drunk?

...........................

I know its been long since I last updated but I was really busy. Anyways I hope you like this chapter :)

I will post the next chapter in a few days and I promise you its gonna be a good one ;)