21: I am a rockstar (Part 1)

Max's POV

Being a ghost had its advantages- you could travel places faster than Usain Bolt and you can be swift as Bruce Lee. But not being able to hit someone is a major disadvantage. Like saving a hot girl by hitting that asshole drunk guy with her purse. A purse, Seriously?

But whatever it was, she was safe. I was thankful for that. Currently Grace has her hands wrapped around me and I am astounded. This does not look good. Because this feels so good and so right. I feel like I won a lottery. After all one of the most beautiful girl had her arms wrapped around me. Whoa! Calm down with the compliments Max.

She looked up at me and smiled, her warm brown eyes shining under the street lights. She thanked me her voice filling my ears. Which is when I lost it. Her smiling face filled my mind making me feel the type of stuff I didn't want to feel and unfortunately something was stirring in my pants. Can ghost even get boners?

As much as I hated it, she let me go. People were too drunk to realize that she was hugging the thin air and they didn't actually pay any attention to her. I was glad.

"Let's go inside and dance", she tried to pull me into the club but I didn't move.

"What? No I don't dance", I grumbled.

"Come on. You can dance however you want, no one's going to see you", she pleaded.

"Nope I am still not dancing. I don't care about the people".

"Okay then I am going to dance alone", much to my dismay she let go of my hand and started retreating towards the club.

I couldn't possibly leave her alone again. The club was full of perverted jackasses and it wasn't safe for her to be there alone. Why do you care Max?

I huffed giving up. "Wait Grace I will go with you".

She grinned at me, grabbed my hand and dragged me inside the club.

She guided me thorough the grinding bodies and unfortunately I was going through them. Every time I passed those sweaty grinding bodies I felt like I was performing a mini threesome with them.

We got to a much serene place where the music was a little low and Grace started dancing. For a time I forgot how to dance. She started effortlessly moving her hips to the song and jumping in the air. She looked hot. The was no denying that that she looked stunning in that outfit she was wearing. I didn't want to let my perverted side out. But fuck.. I am so screwed.

.................

"Can ghosts get drunk?" Grace asked drowning another shot. Honestly I lost count.

"Nope they can't", I literally had to shout over the music.

"Too bad", she drowned another.

"Whoa! Calm down. How many shots did you take?"

She fiddled with her fingers as she distractedly tried to remember the amount of shots she had. She graced me with a goofy grin plastered over her face, "Nine".

Jesus that's a lot if she's telling the right amount that is. "Grace let's take you home", I tried to pull her up from the seat but she stayed put.

"Nooo I want more", she buckled her head down. Her hair pooling around her. Her hair was like the color of sunset.

"Grace did you bring your car?" I asked sitting down not giving up yet.

"Nope", she answered.

Jesus where are her friends? How can they possibly leave her like that? Now I was getting pissed at them. I decided to call an uber, a handy app that I found out about.

"Give me your phone Grace?" she complied and handed it to me.

Now here's a confession. Tell me to fix anything- door handles, broken light bulbs I can do that. But the new phones they call 'smartphones' still baffles me. I mean it has too many features and too many social networking sites. I remember just having a MySpace account and that's it. I expertly unlocked her phon. One of the advantages of being a ghost- I even knew the password to America's money reserve. But of course I won't tell.

After ordering for a cab, I picked up a very drunken Grace and straightened her up. Then I whisked her through the crowd again. I remember my partying days when I was more than just a floating ghost. The drinks, the girls and of course those horrible hangovers.

Now those things seem so stupid. People are strange. They like to get drunk, get hypnotized under a spells which shuns theirs sense of judgment and they end up doing things they regret but they still get back to doing it again. But I guess there's a appeal to it. Just forgetting everything and letting go- Just like Grace.

Finally I got her into the cab and the car started. Grace decided to place her head on my shoulders as I distractedly ran my hand across her hair.

"I wanted to stay longer Max", she echoed lifting her head from my shoulder.

"No, you are too drunk"

"Nope I am not", she crossed her hands across her chest and shook her head in disapproval.

I looked to see the driver looking at Grace through the rear view mirror with scrutinizing eyes. He had that is-she-crazy look on his face. I honestly don't blame him because to an outsider it looks like Grace is talking to thin air.

Grace followed my gaze and smirked. She leaned forward closer to the driver's seat. "There is a ghost with us inside the car and I swear I am not fucking kidding", she whispered loud enough for me to hear and just in time the car came in halt in front of our apartment.

The driver froze in his seats and I saw a panic-stricken look written all over his face through the rear view mirror. Don't tell me he believed that? Grace noticed that too and I can see she was trying to hold back her laughter.

"We-we.. are he-here. Ma'am please get out the car", he said nervously wiping sweat off his bushy eyebrows.

Grace complied and I followed her. She waited for the cab to drive away and burst into a fit of laughter. I joined her. "That was hilarious", she laughed harder-her cheeks turning into a rosy shade of red.

"Told you I can have fun!" She tripped in her steps so I gripped her arms to steady her and of course that undeniable electricity jolted through me when I touched her.

"I think we should get you in bed", I suggested. But she wasn't listening to me instead she was eyeing the red Volkswagen.

"You know I always hated the color of this car. But Roderick loved it", she commented. Of course it has to be that prick's car. Even though Roderick was like literally my puppet- I used to use him to fetch snacks and pizzas for me by using my manipulating powers. He was like a loyal pet and unlike Grace he was so compliant but Grace was very much resistant to my powers. Hence, I had a hard time controlling her. In that way I had to steal food- I might be a bad ass but stealing makes me feel guilty sometimes.

"I think we should change that", she grinned as walking to the garage door. I looked around to see if anyone was here but no it was late into the night and the guards happen to be dozing off all the time. What the hell is Grace is thinking of doing?

.............................

This chapter turned out to be really big so I decided to divide it into two parts. I will be posting part 2 of this chapter soon, maybe a few hours later :)

Dedicated to Suzanne because she's awesome and I love her! Please check out her books too!