Four

I had spent the majority of my week in bed, brooding, alone in the darkness. Mikey had long since given up on me, continuing on with his normal schedule. He had met tonnes of friends, whereas I was stuck at home- alone.
He went out with them almost every day, only taking the time to check if I was still alive. I was sick and tired of being so damn unwanted.
Mikey had finally convinced me to go to school, seeing as the attendance officer was already trying to chase up my whereabouts.

"Come on Gee, it can't be that bad. I mean, there's that Ray guy, he seemed nice enough." He sighed, standing in my doorway. I growled, peeling myself out of bed. I had almost forgotten how to walk, stumbling around my room to get dressed. I pulled on the same jeans - with extreme difficulty, and picked up an old t-shirt; which had probably been worn about ten million times. I had lost the will to care anymore, staring at Mikey moodily as we waited for his friends at the front door.

An old, red car pulled up in front of us. A blonde-haired blue-eyed girl in the driver's seat. She grinned excitedly at Mikey, opening the passenger door. I slid inside, still frowning, crossing my arms like an unhappy child. I kept silent for the entire journey, as more and more of Mikey's friends piled into the small car.
I stared out of the window as we pulled up in front of another house. The wood was painted black, a tallish guy walking out. He sat next to me, I could feel his eyes bearing into the back of my head. Stepping out of the car, I felt like he was following me. I span around, he of course was acting casual.

"Can I help you?" I asked impatiently, tucking my hands into the pockets of my jeans. His blonde hair was longer than mine, blue eyes piercing. I couldn't hear his thoughts, and I was slightly scared as to what he was thinking. But I kept my cool.

"I just figured that you'd want a friend. Seeing as that's why you haven't really been coming to school these past few days." He shrugged, his hands on his hips. He was beautiful. It was getting harder and harder to keep myself thinking straight.

"Did Mikey set you up to this?" I sighed, finally getting a sense that this was Mikey's doing. Nobody ever wanted to talk to me, or even be associated with me. It's almost as if they can sense that I'm not necessarily who I'm pretending to be.

"No, I followed you on my own accord. Mikey didn't tell me to do anything." He said, emphasising 'anything'. I raised an eyebrow, but he insisted that I had to trust him.

"So, what's your name?" I asked, making awkward conversation. He smiled an incredibly beautiful smile.

"Damien Quade. Thanks for asking Gerard." He said simply, snapping a branch off a small tree as we passed it. People had already begun to shuffle off to their various classes, leaving Damien and I alone on the field. We sat down, hoping that nobody would notice us.

"Are you sure that Mikey didn't ask you to be here. He usually does shit like that." I asked again, panicking that my new friend was pretending to like me. He laughed.

"Shut up. If Mikey wanted me to be here he'd have a tough time. I don't like blackmail. So shush." He said, putting a finger to my lips. I nodded, accepting that for once in a long time, somebody was tolerating me.
                                      ~>•<~

Mikey and I sat down at the table together, glasses of blood in front of us. He was retelling his day to me, as he always did. As usual, it consisted of girls, girls and more girls. Then he stopped talking, smiling wickedly.

"How was Damien?" He asked, winking at me. His sly grin screaming to me that something was very suspicious about the whole situation.

"What about him?" I asked cooly, pulling my glass away from my mouth. He was still smiling at me, an evil glint in his eyes.

"He has a very very strong liking for you. He's been wanting to meet you all week," He said, crossing his arms. I shrugged, drinking more. If Damien was interested, then he was interested. I wouldn't protest, because he was incredibly pretty. I'd most likely choose him over anybody. "And, he's more like you than you realise." He added quickly, after I had drained my glass. Tipping the last drop into my mouth.

"So he's gay, then?" I asked with a cough, smoothing my hair out of my eyes so I could see Mikey's subliminal facial expressions more clearly.

"That and he has a prominent hatred for a lot of things that surround him. Just like you." He pointed at me, opening a bottle with his teeth, spitting the cork out onto the floor. I rolled my eyes; of course he was gay.

"Mikey, I love you, because you're my brother, but I loathe it when you try to set me up with people. I never works, trust me." I sighed loudly, tapping my fingers hastily against the table.

"Hey, this time I did nothing. It was all him. He'd do you some good, because I know how lonely you are. I can see it in your eyes."
It was true, I was lonely. But I loved to wallow in self pity, and I loved to loathe my surroundings. It was me. However, a small part of me was begging for me to keep talking to Damien. He was charismatic, beautiful, and somebody I just couldn't pass up. I sighed again, letting out a small growl.

"Fine. Fine. I'll keep talking to him." I had admitted defeat on a monstrous level.

"And this time Gee, I won't interfere." He held his hands up. Good, I thought. I could finally find somebody to love me that wasn't forced into doing so.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones

A.N
So, I'm not too sure if I like this chapter- mostly because it's taken me a fair few attempts at writing it. Lemme know what you think? Don't forget to comment and vote, it helps me out (: