Twenty

I found it difficult to look at him, knowing that he was dead. Or was he...
Given the amount of my DNA that he had 'swallowed', I couldn't entirely count on him staying that way. Him doing so would be the best for both of us. He would be denied his immortality, and me love. I sighed, walking into the kitchen. His lifeless body still lying there, his eyes no longer staring. It was difficult to touch him, his skin colder than a winter night. I held him in my arms, staggering out to Elena's car. Mikey was still passed out on the couch, his arms dangling over the edge.
I laid his body down next to his sister's before Elena covered them with a blanket. She wrapped her arms around me, ruffling my hair affectionately. I sniffled; it was becoming more and more difficult for my emotions to stay inside my mind.

"I'll bury him, Gerard. Next to his sister, he won't be alone I promise." She cooed, kissing my cheek. I nodded, wiping my eyes.
"You need to think about leaving, this town no longer is a safe place for you two. If they find out that you've killed two people they'll come after you. You know the drill, honey." She patted me on the back, me nodding again.

I waved her off, watching as the car sped away. I almost expected Damien's body to sit up, his sister as well. Like some morbid horror movie. I shivered, rubbing my eyes. They itched from trying not to cry. Going back inside, I found Mikey standing up. He was clutching his head, moaning. The alcohol had finally caught up with him. I sniggered, throwing myself down on the couch, wanting to scream into the cushions.

"We have to leave, don't we?" He groaned, kneading the palms of his hands into his forehead. I nodded, pressing my face further into the couch. Why did I have to be such a fuck-up? Why did I have to murder everything that I touched?
                                     ~>•<~

I slammed the trunk of the car shut, waiting for Mikey to lock the front door. He slipped the keys into his pocket as I climbed into the front seat. I was surprised that the car could hold all of our shit. Nobody seemed to notice or care that their neighbours had miraculously disappeared off the face of the earth. To them, it was probably a blessing. Only God knew how long it would be until Mikey and I drained them all- by accident of course. Mikey adjusted himself in the passenger seat, resting his head against the window. I couldn't help feeling that this whole situation was my fault. That I had really fucked things up- again.

"Mikey, is it my fault?" I asked dumbly, twisting the key in the ignition.

"This? God no. If it's anybody's fault, it's those two. They probably would've tried to kill us, I have no idea where they got their information on us. How the fuck did they know?" He sighed, squinting at the now slowly moving scenery around us.

Busy suburban city turned to secluded forest, Elena had given us directions to a new house. She owned places across the entire continent- anywhere that any of her children needed. Somewhere secluded, somewhere full of potential meals. My eyes were growing tired, but I refused to take my eyes off the road. I just wanted a fresh start, probably for the fifth time this year. A fresh, fresh, start- then. Anything that would help me get over the love that I had lost was good enough for me. Even Mikey seemed glad to be leaving. There was too much negativity to stay, and we were practically murderers again.

It felt like I had been driving for years, but it had only been an hour or so. The night sky had already begun to creep up on us, stealing away the sunlight. I sighed, poking Mikey in the cheek. We were home- well, at our new home anyway. He growled, sitting up, rubbing his head. He probably still had a hangover, mine had long since disappeared. The reality of our situation had no doubt scared it away. I got out of the car, stretching my legs. It was already the dead of night, and our new neighbours wouldn't notice our arrival until the morning. The house had been uninhabited for years, but Elena insisted that the furniture inside was good enough to use. A cloud of dust hit Mikey in the face, sending him into a coughing fit. I laughed, pushing him inside. The place was quite charming, and I knew that I could grow to love it more. I thought to myself that I had another chance at finding somebody to accept me- maybe I could even make some new friends.

"What're you smiling at?" Mikey asked, sitting down on an old couch. Another dust cloud erupted around him as he desperately tried to bat the dust particles out of his face.

"Nothing."
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Stay Away by Nirvana

A.N
Does anybody care about a sequel to Vampires Will Never Hurt You (which is the original story, this is the prequel,)???? If anybody is I have an idea of what to do (:

Don't forget to comment and vote

P.S... I apologise if this story is getting kinda rushed, I'm not sure if I'm enjoying it but it is ending soon