Nineteen

Panic had already began to set in. I felt like curling up on the ground in the foetal position, covering my ears and screaming like a madman. But, not in the presence of Mikey. He'd probably get mad at me, telling me that it was all for the greater good. Which it was- Damien was only going to use me for immortality, then would probably leave me in the long run. It would've killed me over again, and I knew that I couldn't have done that to myself.

"Stop panicking Gee, I'll call Elena and she'll come over and help us out. Don't worry." He always knew how to reassure me, to tell me that everything was going to be okay. Elena definitely would be able to keep me calm, she always knew how. She always knew how to fix situations, passing every accidental murder that had happened to occur involving us as a 'coincidence'. If I could've breathed, I would've been hyperventilating, probably vomiting all over the floor- instead I was staring at Damien's cold, lifeless body. I did love him, I swear that I did. I just couldn't handle his lies, his constant cries for my attention; and the whining for sex.

"Hey, panic-pants, drink this. It'll help." Mikey shoved a beer into my hand, dragging me into the lounge away from the bodies. He was right, I didn't need to see them. It would only make my conscience feel worse and worse.
~>•<~

Once again, I found myself drunk and on the floor. I was giggling helplessly, Mikey too. Elena wouldn't have been impressed with us, she'd think that we'd gone on a drunken rampage, killing Damien and his sister. I tried to stand, stumbling into the table. I groaned, trying to keep my balance.

"Hey, hey- Mikey, what're we going to do with them?" I slurred, pointing my thumb towards the kitchen. He shrugged, tipping more beer into his mouth. I agreed, no bright ideas floating around my drunken mind. The alcohol made me feel burdenless, completely innocent and definitely not a murderer. But that happiness was not left unaccompanied, there was a deep, dark paranoia burrowing into my brain. Gnawing at rational thoughts, hatching more negativity.

"Maybe- maybe getting wasted was not a good idea." Mikey suggested, rolling onto the floor by accident. He sighed, standing the bottle up.
There was a knock at the front door, fuck. I wobbled everywhere, holding onto to anything that I could to stay upright. I struggled with twisting the key in the lock, Elena stood outside tapping her foot.

"Gerard Arthur Way, I hope to God that you aren't drunk." She said, disappointment echoing in her normally bright tone. I looked down, ashamed of myself. She sighed, patting my shoulder. Somehow I felt that she understood why Mikey and I were drunk, but that feeling immediately disappeared.

"Michael James Way, I thought that you at least would have some sense right now. But, I guess not. Just get up, I need you to carry them into the car." She sighed, shaking her head. I nodded, finding one of the last slithers of soberness in my brain to lead my actions. Mikey, on the other hand, had completely passed out on the floor.

I followed her into the kitchen, remembering why she was here. She was here to take their bodies away, to bury them in unmarked graves far far away. It was a little sad; I couldn't help feeling that they could've been alive. If only we had gone to another town, but there was always another person to suffer if they ever so dared to cross paths with us. We shouldn't be around humans, it's not good for them. But it's good for us, blood is good for us. It's only ever about us- our kind doesn't care for humans; unless we fall in love with one. Which in itself is really rare, thus why I never find anybody to love me.

"Gerard, enough with the emotions. You can do that afterwards, come on." She said, pointing to the bodies on the table. I nodded, picking up his sister. Leaving him for later. She held the doors open for me as I walked with Reagan in my hands. There was dried blood covering her neck, Mikey hadn't been a single bit merciful. Fuck, who would be? If somebody that boring and that needy constantly wanted to be around you, would you spare them?

"In the back." She pointed to the back of the car as I headed down the front steps. The wind battered my drunken body, blowing my hair everywhere. I laid her down gently, although I did hate her for what she was trying to do. As well as the fact that she stabbed my brother.

"Elena?" I asked, turning to her.

"Yes honey?"

"If humans drink our blood, could that turn them too? Or am I just imagining things?" I asked, the thought made my head spin. I knew that Damien definitely hadn't had any of my blood, but could what I knew that he had ingested do the same job?

"If done so in large quantities. Any bodily fluid really. Why?" She asked, eyes telling me that she definitely was confused.

"No reason. I'll go and get Damien, I can do it alone." I said quietly, walking inside. My world was collapsing right in front of me. There was every chance that Damien would come back, and there was no doubt that he'd try to find me. With any luck, Elena would bury them deep underground, and I'd have left town long before they both woke up again.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Mambo Sun by T.Rex

A.N
I spent the day with my dad and his fam and I really enjoyed myself. For once I actually did, because usually they don't act like they like me XD

Don't forget to comment and vote ;)