Fourteen

Just moments after calming Damien down to only a quiet sniffle, Mikey stormed into the room. He didn't look too happy with me, but the whole situation wasn't my fault. I shot him a look, he straightened his face.

"I'm sorry to disturb your little- your moment that you have going on here. But, Elena is here, and she's sat in the other room waiting for you Gerard." He sighed, crossing his arms, tapping his foot impatiently. I sat up excitedly, Damien still sniffling in my lap.

"Do you want to stay here, or do you want to come with me?" I asked Damien. He didn't look at me, he simply shook his head. I shrugged, leaving him to himself. He just needed some time to be alone, to be away from people. I didn't blame him.
Elena was perched on the edge of an old armchair, it's tattered body leaking dust. Her silvery hair pulled back into a neat bun. Dark brown eyes smiling just as wide as her lips, bright white teeth showing. She wrapped a bony arm around my neck, pulling me down to her level so that she could place a cold kiss on my cheek. I smiled, kneeling down in front of her, she cupped my cheek with her hand in the motherly way that I adored.

"How are you my love?" She asked gently, leaning forwards to listen to my every word.

"I'm okay. Lots of things have happened, and this time- it's real. He's different to most guys, you know? He actually likes me, he's real." I was beaming, my smile taking up almost my entire face. I felt like I could spend the rest of forever with him- but then came the task of telling him about my condition. I grimaced at that thought, imaging the screaming, the running away. Me being sad, for an eternity- yet again. Elena frowned, lifting my chin up.

"You haven't told him, have you?"
I shook my head, feeling ashamed, as well as afraid. I didn't want to tell him, I was too scared.

"Gerard, you know that you have to tell him soon. Say you get thirsty, and he falls, cuts himself- what if that tips you over the edge, and you start drinking from him. What is that poor boy going to think?" She asked, her tone still calm- it kept me calm. I would never hurt Damien, I would leave before I ever did that to him. I loved him, I didn't want to drink from him.

"I won't do that Elena, I promise." I wanted to cry, but I never would in front of her. She knew that I was strong, and she had some sort of belief that I would confess to Damien.

"How many broken promises have we dealt with Gerard. I know that you don't mean it, believe me I know. But if you want him to stay, you have to tell him." She sighed, knowing that this would be extremely difficult for me. She knew that I had the strongest mentality, that I could do it. That didn't mean that I necessarily wanted to. I looked down at my feet again, growing more and more sad as the seconds leaked by.

"I'll do it- eventually." I said quietly, it was difficult to speak. Elena smiled reassuringly, patting me on the shoulder.

I hadn't realised that we'd been talking for at least an hour, and Damien was alone. I grimaced, Elena stood. She was right, I had to tell him about myself. I couldn't keep pretending anymore, the truth would come out sooner or later- I had to get it over and done with. She linked my arm as we walked towards the door, she stopped in front of the lounge. Something in her face changed, she frowned. I had never seen her frown that way before, so I knew that something was wrong. I didn't ask, because I felt that it wasn't my business.

"Gerard," she whispered, so that only I could hear the words that she was about to say, "he's definitely not like the others. Please, be careful, honey." She kissed my cheek, pulling her arm away from me. She closed the front door quietly, my mouth was slightly hanging open. What did she mean? I shrugged, peering around the door. Damien was still on the couch, this time he was staring at the wall. I sat down next to him, pulling his head so that it rested on my chest.

"Are you okay?" I asked softly, brushing his now damp hair out of his face. He looked up at me, his eyes had changed. They weren't caring anymore, they were evil. He shook his head, his arm wrapping around my torso. "Do you want to talk about it yet?" I asked, hoping that I could help in whatever way possible.

"You wouldn't understand, Gee." He insisted, his nails digging into my skin. I shrugged, knowing and accepting that I wouldn't be getting any worthy answers until he had fully calmed down. Maybe give it a week- or two, I told myself with hopefulness.
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- Blue Monday by New Order

A.N
Okay, so I'm an old music fan- please don't judge me XD I have issues and I'm trying to stop myself from obsessing.
Don't forget to comment and vote (: