Seven

My stomach was already arguing with me about forcing myself to eat human food. But, as Mikey said, if I wanted Damien I just had to get on with it. I was staring into the mirror, my ghostly skin seeming brighter compared to the purple circles around my eyes. They were darkening as the moments passed; I was hungry. I walked to the kitchen, expecting to see Mikey attempting to make a feast. Instead, he was sat on the counter, on the phone to somebody. He was swinging his legs, his shoes bashing carelessly against the empty cabinets underneath his feet. He must've been talking to Reagan, because his tone of voice was sappy and irritating. Rolling my eyes at him, he kicked me in the shin. I growled, grabbing a bottle from the fridge.

"No Gerard, don't drink anything, they're bringing food." He hissed, his hands covering his phone so that Reagan couldn't hear him.

"Need it." I hissed back at him, showing him my eyes. He grimaced, telling me that I still wasn't allowed to drink anything.

"Well, don't blame me if we end up burying somebody tonight." I prodded him in the shoulder moodily, dumping the bottle back into the fridge. Walking down the hallway to head back to my room, he called for me.

"What?" I screamed at him, just wanting to go to my room and sulk like a baby.

"Hope you like chicken." He smiled, waving me off. I stopped, closing my eyes, refusing to get pissed off. I held my middle finger up at him, before running to my room as fast as my legs could carry me.
                                    ~>•<~

To try and pass the time, I had tried to get to sleep. It would've only been for a short while, as my mind refused to allow me to rest. I kept on reminding myself that I was hungry. Refusing to let me forget what would usually happen when I got hungry, and was unable to drink anything. Let's not talk about the other towns, I said to myself over and over again. Trying to distract myself with anything. The front door opened, and Mikey's over-friendly voice was all that I could hear. Reagan seemed to be all over him, because I could hear her thoughts from this far away. I shivered, they were disgusting.

"Where's Gee?" I heard Damien ask, I was relieved that he was here.

"Sulking in his room, as usual," Mikey chuckled. "Gee!" He called to me from the bottom of the stairs. I dropped my legs over the side of my bed. I opened my door slowly, letting hem listen to the creak of the wood. Standing at the top of the stairs, Mikey gave me an encouraging smile. Which I returned sarcastically, before jogging down the stairs, and brushing past him. Damien was waiting with him, his arms crossed. His face lit up instantly when he saw me, throwing his arms around me. I felt the beating of his heart through his clothes, my eyes were definitely changing. Mikey coughed, reminding me of what I was doing. I pulled away from him, leading him to where his sister was sat. She looked nothing like Damien. She had long, dark brown hair, and matching brown eyes. There were little freckles dotted around her olive skin- no wonder Mikey had a thing for her.

"Hey Gerard, I'm Reagan. Damien's sister." She smiled, I nodded.

"Nice to meet you." I said simply.
We sat down together at the table, my fists bawled up at my sides, nails digging into my skin. I ate at the same pace as Mikey, so that I knew that I was doing it the right way. It had been a long time since I had eaten human food and actually enjoyed it. Right now, all I could think about was Damien and Reagan's aorta's.
Damien was sat next to me, occasionally his hand would find its way onto my leg, squeezing my thigh. That didn't help my other problem; my growing want to pick Damien up and do God knows what to him. There was probably time for that later.

Mikey had stopped eating, a look of pain trying not to make itself obvious in both of his eyes. I knew, because my own stomach was beginning to fight with me. Damien picked at the remaining pieces of chicken from off my plate, Mikey and Reagan having migrated to Mikey's room. He took my hand, leading me to the couch. I laid down, him lying on top of me. The pressure of him against my stomach definitely wasn't helping me to cope, and he himself could hear it.

"Are you okay? You sound like you're still hungry." He asked, his head still pressed against my body.

"Mhm." I said, not really wanting to speak from the fear that my stomach would throw out the food that I had just 'eaten'.

"You sure?" He asked again, this time looking me directly in the eyes. I had already felt them change colour, I knew it. "You're eyes have changed colour." He said with an almost nervous laugh. My stomach gave a lurch, I had to go and eat as soon as possible.

"Hold on a moment." I said, sliding out from underneath him, walking hurriedly towards the kitchen. I had to be quick, but that wasn't the problem. The problem was, would the blood in the fridge be enough for me?
-------------------------------------------------------
Song Of The Chapter- All Apologies by Nirvana

A.N
I know exactly where this story's gonna go, I dunno if I've already said this about a million times... BUT I DO AND I LOVE IT! And that conclusion has also given me idea for the sequel for after Vampires Will Never Hurt You! It may involve a few characters in this story, it may not... You'll have to stick around and find out XD don't forget to comment and vote