0.7

0.7

My interest in Calvin was based solely on his looks. While I hadn't realized it then, I realize it now. He was–is good looking to say the least. That day in particular he seemed even more good looking than usual. There was something about a guy in a wetsuit that really caught my eye.

The silence that rested between us was dense with awkward tension. The silence was as loud as the children screaming near us.

I had tried my hardest to not get swept away by Calvin. I had liked my spot next to Blair, despite her rude interruptions. The chair was comfy and the umbrella shady. Sadly his charm on Blair was just as strong as it was on me, possibly even stronger.

Down by the shore the sun was hot as the sand slightly damp. However Blair though it'd be be better if I interacted with people my own age. So off I went with a total stranger, again. Except this time Calvin was a bit less than a stranger because I knew his name.

Cassidy wasn't joking when she said his reason for coming because he wanted to surf. However upon having me accompany him he allowed his friend, whose name isn't important, use his flowery looking surfboard.

If I had paid a bit more attention attention to the way Calvin stared at every girl in a skimpy bikini, I wouldn't be in the predicament that I'm in now exactly two and a half months later. Even  if I noticed his roaming eyes any other time we were out in a public place I wouldn't be here. Sadly I was blind.

"So.." He brushed his fingers through the long strands of sandy blonde hair. I was that girl who fell for his looks, and his status, instead of getting to know him properly first.

"So.." I commented back, causing his head to loll over to my direction. Seeming at the time I had a slight crush on him, the lazy smile on his face caused my breathing to still.

Awkwardly I tugged on my sleeves, not trusting my tongue anymore to speak proper words.

"I've been waiting for you to call me." Gently he nudged me with his shoulder as he turned his attention back to the sea. There was a longing gazing in his face as he watched the waves roll across the water. "I was starting to think that I gave you the wrong number until your sister called me inviting me to the beach." A smile graced his features as he turned back to me.

I embarrassingly swooned internally at the action. Calvin is what girls would describe as a greek god. His golden skin and hair that fell into his face added to his angular jawline and dazzling blue eyes. At the time I was on a high, proud to have caught the eye as someone as good looking at him, boy was I stupid.

"Sorry." I murmured, tucking my hair behind my ear and biting down on my bottom lip. "I was meaning to call." This had been the truth. I had meant to call, mainly because he was the only other person I knew here, but I never knew what to say.

"No, it's fine." His red lips pulled into a smile causing his eyes to twinkle slightly. "Just remind me to get your number before our time together is over."

If he had just wanted my number right then I would've given it to him and been on my merry way. Instead he subjected me through three hours of just sitting in the sand.

Just as I was about to ask if he wanted it then his friend came running over to us.

"Cal, you have to get out there." He flicked the chocolate pieces of his hair from his face. Droplets of water dribbled down from the side of his face and down into his wetsuit after taking the journey across his neck.