5.0

5.0

The rest of the week seems to go by in a blur. Hopping between home, school, work and back home again makes the time fly by and as I'm slipping my schoolbag into the backseat of Austin's car Friday afternoon it feels completely normal.

"Tell Blair and dad that I'll see them sometime Sunday." I murmur to Cassidy as I pull away from our hug.

Taylor and I have a bit of a drive before we actually reach his families cabin up north. With Brooke already settled into the backseat, her things shoved into the trunk of the car they're only waiting on me.

"You know you can call her mom right?" Cassidy comments, pushing a strand of her hair behind her ear.

An unsettling feeling burbles in my stomach. Not trusting my mouth I nod my head instead.

This isn't the first time this has come up. Blair told me just yesterday that I could call her mom. However it leaves me uneasy.

It makes me feel as if i'm betraying my mother by calling someone else mom and I just can't seem to do that. So as of right now I leave it be and stick to Blair.

After bidding goodbye to Austin I jog slightly over to my car. Taylor is quick to lean over and push open the passenger side door once he see's me rounding the car to it.

He offers me a gracious smile as I slide into the seat, tugging the door closed.

"You ready to go?" Taylor inquires, a grin toying with his lips as his eyes take in my slightly flushed cheeks and parted lips.

I nod my head, pulling my seatbelt around my body.

"Then lets get this party started!" Brooklyn chirps from the middle backseat, fist pumping the air.

"Yes because driving on the highway for the next five hours is definitely a party." Taylor snorts, pulling the gearshift into reverse.

"If you give me the aux chord it will definitely be a party." Eagerly Brooke holds out her hand, wiggling her fingers in anticipation.

I turn in my seat to look at her. "The chord doesn't reach the back of the car."

It takes a few seconds before Brooke pouts. However still determined she undoes her seatbelt and climbs over the console. My eyes widen and she takes her phone and plugs it up to the chord. Neither Taylor nor I tell her to sit back in her seat, instead he helps her out and switches the radio to the right setting. Soon Panic! starts to flood my car and Brooke settles into her seat, singing along to Victorious. I role my eyes, smiling as I focus my gaze out of my window.

• — • — •

"So!" Brooke chirps loudly, causing me to jump and tear my eyes away from Taylor lingering outside the car.

Before Brooklyn says anything else she tosses my bag of skinny pop towards me and sets my water on the console.

"A whole weekend alone, no parents. What are your plans?" Brooke grins suggestively at me, shoving her mouth full with cheeto puffs.

"Whatever you have planned for the weekend." I laugh, silently questioning the whereabouts of the bag of skittles Taylor and I were to share.

"I don't have the entire weekend planned, just tonight. Plus, I was more directing that plan towards you and Taylor." Wiggling her eyebrows Brooke scoots closer. "Maybe a little bit of nakedness between you two in a bed for a few hours."

I choke on my saliva, quickly reaching for my water. Once it's open I guzzle a bit of it down to ease the choking in my throat.

"There's going to be no sex between Taylor and I." I rasps, crushing the hope on Brooke's face. "None, zilch, nada."